Blood, sweat, tears, a 175, and my porty.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Great job frank. I've been using 175's for years, but i wouldn't have one without a solution tank on it, plus a good carpet brush, also a pad driver. I am a porty user too. I have the Mytee M5. I have the rotovac 360i too but i wouldn't have used it on that job. I'd have done just what you did.

I'm running an M5 myself.......a solid, manly, meat'n'potatoes workhorse, unfortunately at 160lbs.

I did find myself somewhat disappointed in the longevity of each red pad under such conditions.

Wasn't long before you could feel that they lost their bite and were "gliding" more and more.

Had a few combo microfiber scub pads on hand that I find bite a little better under certain conditions, but I don't see them as a solution as they would probably clog up too fast with such a high soil load.

I'm wondering if those Fiberplus pads would have held up a little longer, or if a good stiff brush would have been more effective and productive since bristles can't really clog up like a pad can.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Frank,
I think you have talked about the Oreck Orbi. There is one on CL here in Redding looks like new and comes with attachments, for 250 bucks.
Can you tell me how you liked yours?
I am looking for something kinda lightweight and came across this, this morning....Someone on here should have a solid testy as to how they do.

Awesome, versatile medium duty machine.

I wouldn't call 250 a bargain, but nonetheless a fair price considering they are 400+ new without any attachments.

I would throw 200 at him first, but if money is not an issue, it will be the best 250 you ever spent.

I can't live without mine.

Just get it over with and buy it.

Trust me, you can't loose, and you can thank me later.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I was back there today and it was almost completely dry and there was no noticeable wicking, although my keen eye did notice a few small areas that would have "popped" a little better with a follow up padding, but they more than got their moneys worth, and are absolutely smitten with the results.
Oyvey Frankie!
What a missed opportunity.

Here is what you should have done to step up from the mere porty hack excellence to the legendary status:

• You should have stopped right there (froze would describe it better). You should have shaken your head in obvious pain and pointed out "your failure" to the client. You should have said that "I have to take it out."
  • Of course the client would have pleaded with you not to do it- "Frankie, Frankie, really, it's o.k."
  • Pay no attention.
  • Shake your head mumbling to yourself in a tortured voice, yet loud enough that they can hear you clearly- "I can't take these failures any more!" (This is what Stevie and co. refer to as a casual, spontaneous moment of truth.)
  • Run back to the van (preferably with a limp) and come back with a snow white towel, a solution of sorts ( tap water will do fine,) a microscope and a set of shiny tweezers. Proceed to painfully remove the offending imperfection.

This, my friend, is how you step up to a whole new level and maybe finally be able to step up to a truck mount bliss.

Agatha?

Don't let that kind of a golden opportunity ever pass you by.
Capiche?

Last edited:
Reactions: Goomer

kevinj6121

Name
kevin
I've never used a TM only portables and 175 with solution tank and carpet brush, Never met a carpet I couldn't make look great with that combo no matter how nasty. Well ok maybe just a few over the years that didn't come out great but almost great. sold off my RV 360i. I have a CRB from excellent supply, I love that thing. also just got a vairo from excellent supply. Have done a few encap jobs on cgd with just that CRB using vacaway and relesit chems with great results, My crb has on board spray system. Won't straight encap residential though. Gonna try encap with crb followed with cotton pads on the Vario in a residential setting soon on some of my friends carpets and see how that goes. If ya gonna encap in a resi home got to have some form of extraction.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom