Blower noise

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I was about to buy a silencer for this 45 blower and it starts to make noise. no knocking just gear noise. Grease was low in the front, that helped. There is a little play in the gears. Changed the oil and it wasn't bad. So can the front bearings be replaced or do they need to be pressed in? How long can they run before they go boom?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
FIRST....run some clear water thru it for 3 or 4 min.....straight into the intake...while it's running..
can't tell you how many blowers i've "fixed" like that!

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Is that going to hurt my custom muffler silencer? I have a 47 sitting in my garage but I don't want to blow up that little 22hp. do the front bearings have to be pressed in?

Name
BradFenstermaker
No the bearings do not have to be pressed in. Pretty straight forward on changing the seals and bearings. Local bearing shop can mike your current bearings and get you some to match. Seals also I bet.

Did my 59 a few years back for 60 bucks.

Call me if I can help. 423-802-0657 Brad

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
How much water are we using here for this blower flushing Bawb? A full on garden hose stream? Would using heated water be preferable, such as a pressure washer wand hooked up to the solution line?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
you'll have a hell of a mess....
i take a garden hose and kink it down at first....then slowly un-kink to full flow.....wash all that crud outta there............then i give it a shot with Water Displacement 40............

Last edited:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
full on.........i always drilled and tapped a small plug at the lowest point...to let the water completly out...........

pee s
i wouldn't do this on a nice driveway.......

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Well the water helped a little but the noise is back. I may try to do the bearings. What else goes out in the blower besides the gears or the bearings? I'm busy right now and can not stop. I need to pay the bills from winter. I hope this thing can hold out for at least 60 hours.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom