blower preference

KBRENNY

let say you have a choice between:
1. Sutorbilt 6MP, 718 CFM and 16"HG @2850 rpm and 33.5 HP
or a
2. Roots 56 DSL, 770 CFM and 15" HG @ 2850 rpm and 30.8 HP

which would you choose and why.

found both for sale at a industrial supply warehouse 60 miles away, both new in box, never mounted. No manufacturer warranty on either because they were purchased from manufacturer so long ago. Written 90 day warranty from seller to not be defective. Same price each.

Greenie

I assume you meant to type 59.

I would buy the one that was best matched to the engine size I was gonna couple it to.

KBRENNY

Have over 40 HP to use so after the solution pump gets its share there should be no lack of power problem with either. just got to decide before I go get it Sunday. I guess I was more in question of the reliability history of each one as I have only ever had a Sutorbilt 4mp. Have had good luck with the Sutorbilts but it would b nice to not have grease the blower but I have no experience with Roots

minuteman

How much are they?

I'll take the Roots at the right price.
And "YES" you have to grease the hell out of them!
Gerg

Matt King

As stated above, you probably meant a 59. Take into consideration plumbing sizes/costs and silencer sizes/costs for each. If that's not an issue I myself would take the Sutorbilt if they're both the same money. Greasing a blower isn't a big deal... Greenie also made they key point, the engine. You want to closely match HP and Torque curves to the rpm you'll be spinning the engine and blower. Lots of factors will figure into that. I'll add that if 40hp is a peak HP rating, it won't be enough to run either unit at full potential. If you plan on spinning them slower and just single wanding then you might do alright...

A. wilson

I have always preferred Roots, but any of them will do well as long as they are maintained. When average tech's are running them, I have seen more problems with Sutorbilts in things like seizing up.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Kevin;

I think you would be better off with a #56 or #5MP.

They can be operated with 2" Hg. more than the #59 or 5LP models. This will ALWAYS enable you to recover more water.

The airflow of the #5MP is plenty for two 14" wands.

We are using the 1 Liter 38HP Kohler to drive our #5MP blower and it has plenty of torque to handle it.

Larry Cobb

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom