Blower question

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
my blower is hard piped (for the lack of a better way of putting it) to the waste tank........

100_3241.jpg

I have been getting a few air leaks here and no matter what I do I can't get rid of them......I think the rubber reducers are shot........

I found this picture in one of my folders....

blowerhose.jpg

I have a bearing/belt/and hose place I work with for most the things on my truck here in town and I can get that flex hose pretty cheap...........

my question is.....where the flexible hose is clamped to the blower it looks like a pipe nipple. is there a reason why it is not a plastic fitting.......
would the plastic hold up against the heat and the vibration of the blower......I am not to crazy about the metal nipple on there...I would be afraid that in time it would start to break down and flake into the blower........

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Jim doesn't your application have a metal nipple threaded into the blower. I believe the inside diameter of the pvc will be less than the metal would be. I've never had as big a blower as yours but have used both metal & pvc on the inlet side of the blower without any problems.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I really have no idea what is under there.................

never took it off.........I bet it is metal........

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
just put a little tape under where the rubber meets the metal, that will take out the air leaks

I use black 4" ABS pipe fittings, biggest challenge is they crack at the blower, they still don't leak that much. Easy enough to replace.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
WTF they use the word "reduced" when it comes to an AT/V???

what is this world coming to

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Ron Werner said:
just put a little tape under where the rubber meets the metal, that will take out the air leaks

I use black 4" ABS pipe fittings, biggest challenge is they crack at the blower, they still don't leak that much. Easy enough to replace.

one of the problems is that it don't line up.........
there is a slight angle upward going to the waste tank
so the pipe does not sit straight in the rubber boot coming off the blower.....

the rubber boots are not soft and flexible they have hardened up

so because of the already bad angle and the hardened rubber it just don't want to seal anymore.......

Greenie

Jim, you'd never get that KanaFlex to make that tight turn, I'm with Ron, pick up some new rubber and call it good.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Jim, You probably don't need to push that elbow down all the way in the boot. Fudge it a little on both if necessary. It should line up then.
Shane

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jim;

You can get a silicone rubber reducer to replace that deteriorating one.

They resist heat better and should last many years of operation.

Larry Cobb

Chads

Supportive Member
Mikey gave you the best solution get a stainless steel nipple or aluminum one and hard pipe it all the way

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Larry Cobb said:
Jim;

You can get a silicone rubber reducer to replace that deteriorating one.

They resist heat better and should last many years of operation.

Larry Cobb
Do you carry something like that Larry ???

nickreal

I would use ABS Fitting instead of PVC. ABS is meant for drainage and it has better sweeping turns. Should have better flow than that water type fitting you have on there. You can also get whats called a "Street 90" it has a hub fitting on one side where you can glue the tubing into and the other side of the fitting is the same size as the tubing so it will slip into your rubber "no hub coupling". You can also trim a little of the tubing size part of the fitting to line things up.

Back
Top Bottom