Blower question

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
What would the exit temperature of a 5.9 blower with an ambient air temperature of 100 degrees? Average 12hg load. no engine exhaust and no heat capture. thanks in advance.
Al Paulsen

Attachments

• 1470261973201162350442.jpg
    1470261973201162350442.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 226

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
250 and higher and would easily kill that plant if directly pointed at it.

I have hit mine with a Flir after one hour of operation and we were At 240 plus without load a few minutes after we completed the job was just trying to see if I could cool the blower down and see if it was beneficial for long time operational benefits.

Reactions: Askal

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
more than I thought. Just contemplating what kind of plumbing material I need to go to the silencer. I have a IR camera so I will check.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I read numbers close to that, looks more like 130-140 on my tiny phone, but keep in mind those numbers are temperature rise. Added to the 100F ambient could get you a discharge temp of 230ish. Of course I imagine the inlet air is coming from inside the house and is probably closer to 70, you'd still get a 200ish discharge temp.

Reactions: Askal

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
250 and higher and would easily kill that plant if directly pointed at it.

I have hit mine with a Flir after one hour of operation and we were At 240 plus without load a few minutes after we completed the job was just trying to see if I could cool the blower down and see if it was beneficial for long time operational benefits.
this is not related to a plant kill. But I once killed a mature lace leaf maple to the tune of 1500.00.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
A lot of factors come into play that a spec sheet will not show you.

I have seen the temp on the blower casing at 270 .
I think I have pics will get them up if I can find them

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
A lot of factors come into play that a spec sheet will not show you.

I have seen the temp on the blower casing at 270 .
I think I have pics will get them up if I can find them
I thought it went without saying that you can't just read a number off a table and hope it's exactly what you would measure in the field. The actual measurement could be higher - or lower. I assumed Al was looking for a ballpark number.

Are you saying you have seen a casting temp of 270 on a 59 blower pulling 12" hg? With normal ambient and inlet conditions? That would be unusual.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I thought it went without saying that you can't just read a number off a table and hope it's exactly what you would measure in the field. The actual measurement could be higher - or lower. I assumed Al was looking for a ballpark number.

Are you saying you have seen a casting temp of 270 on a 59 blower pulling 12" hg? With normal ambient and inlet conditions? That would be unusual.

Yes inside of a box truck that has a fresh water tank radiating 160 degrees temps 4 inches from blower and the sun beating down of 50 plus feet of vac hose.

So very possible and the truckmount has worked quite a bit in those conditions over the last 17 years that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamIam and dgardner

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
so much for plastic hose I guess. will check on metal 4" flex. Thanks for the info.
Al

Back
Top Bottom