blower rebuild?

asupremeclean

Has anyone here ever done work on there own blower like a complete tear down and rebuild or even just some minor maint?

I have a Butler with a 4005 competitor plus blower that has a towel in it. (long story (Idiot tech)) Seized the hell out of it and cant get it to budge. I want to take off the right side of the blower to see if I can get at anymore of the towel so I can free it but I am afraid I wont be able to see anymore of the towel then what I see now from the top. Or if I take it off I need to know about any special tools needed for the job or any seals I will need to replace due to the tear down.

Any help would be great.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Chris be glad to help, I did my 59 blower. If you have a motion industry nearby they will have the bearings and seal.

423-802-0657

joe harper

Name
joe harper
CHRIS: HOLD ON!!!!!!

1st Pull the 3in Vac hose off your waste tank that goes to the top of your blower....

2nd Fill the Blower with HOT water & dish washing detergent.........

3rd Bump the engine system switch off & on until the towel breaks loose.......

4th If the blower is locked -up... take a pipe wrench & put it on the shaft of the blower &
gently turn the shaft back & forth....this will dislodge the towel & allow the solution to
lubricate towel & Blower.

5th Once the towel breaks free...the blower lobes will cut the towel into little peices & blow
the schreaded towel & solution out of the blower...make sure you point the 3in hose out
of the van.....for its going to blow solution & towel out of the hose when it breaks loose.

HOWEVER THE SAFEST WAY TO GET THE TOWEL OUT ::::: Is to us screw the 3in elbow
with a very large PIPE WRENCH......The only thing is that IT IS A BITCH to break loose...
Once you have the elbo out you can see the towel & cut it out.........

If you are still not clear on this procedure :?: :?: :?: Call me 352-567-5855

joe harper

Name
joe harper

1st Pull the 3in Vac hose off your waste tank that goes to the top of your blower....

4th If the blower is locked -up... take a pipe wrench & put it on the shaft of the blower &
gently turn the shaft back & forth....this will dislodge the towel & allow the solution to

5th Once the towel breaks free...the blower lobes will cut the towel into little peices & blow
the schreaded towel & solution out of the blower...make sure you point the 3in hose out
of the van.....for its going to blow solution & towel out of the hose when it breaks loose.

with a very large PIPE WRENCH......The only thing is that IT IS A BITCH to break loose...

asupremeclean

HARPER said:

But, No matter what I do to loosen it it will NOT budge. There is absolutly NO play to "move" it back and forth. I tried to use a pipe wrench to reverse it but no movement at all.
I did take the elbow off and cut what I could see away and free but still no movement at all.

Brad, did you have to have any special tools to remove the cover/ right side of the blower?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom