Blower Silencer

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So what are some good blower silencers? This muffler thing is just too loud. I have a 45 blower.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
SGCERAMIC.jpg

ya but do ya ceramic coat them inside and out?

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
so how big of a difference does a ceramic coat make on a muffler? How does it compare to a blower silencer? That is a cool looking muffler and parts there.

Last edited:

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
2nd time.
easy- get 2 flo masters i think at discount auto, 450 cfm, in series, i welded mine together, you will not hear a thing

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It depends how fast your turning the blower. My 45 turns 2600 rpm with 2 mufflers and its still to loud. My 47 turns 28-2900 rpm with a Universal and its quieter than the 45. That said I like the cylindrical Stoddard silencer best.

Last edited:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I like the Stoddard silencer. Friend of mine had one at his shop and held it up to the machine at 2700 rpm and it was nice. I have a silencer that is 3" from my pto but I have to figure out how to go from 2.5 to 3"

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
so how big of a difference does a ceramic coat make on a muffler? How does it compare to a blower silencer? That is a cool looking muffler and parts there.
prolly none louis....but it sure makes it purty......you are very correct about TWO EXPANSON CHAMBERS.....
a sine wave of noise has an upper sine as well as a lower sine......only i would put one up at the machine and another UNDER the truck.........

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Well I put the 2 mufflers on inline and pointed them under the van. Wow it's quiet except the noise from the blower.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I used the two mufflers I already had and put them together. about $110 for both plus pipe. I was about to get yours and the blower started going bad. I'm trying to see if I'm going to save this blower or get a new one. I have a 47 but I would have to make a whole new mounting plate to put it on.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I will try that today. Can A 22 hp turn a 47 enough to clean with. I have been told to put a 2" bigger pulley on the 47 and it will work.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i guaranty if you flip bothe fron and rear legs of that 47 it will fit the 45 holes.......on the front is a small clearance problem.......knock of about 1/8 in off the front legs where it hits the blower...tiny spot!
you don gotta do this with a roots.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom