Blueline Blues

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
They just aren't the same company anymore. You get a machine instead of a person which directs you to somebodys voice mail. It took my supplier all day to get them on the phone to order a part. It's been 9 days and still no part and you can't get them on the phone to find out if they have even sent it. In the past if you needed a part it was at your door in 3 to 4 days. The machine is great but if I need a part to keep running now I'm afraid that I won't be able to get them on the phone.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
wait till you price there therm oil......holy shit...

AT is almost less then half...................

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
price is one of my pet peeves. they always seem to take advantage when you have to get it from them. I have a sensor out that is making the machine run rich. it's not a big deal but what is going to happen when it is.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
every time I call there for a part I hang up the phone and feel like I just got violated ....there pricing is unreal....

N

nwhmbiz

When I was in the process of buying a new TM the first place I called was Blueline to get some info on the mighty Vortex, but the very first time I called no one was around that could even answer some of my questions. Then I called a couple days later and asked them if they wanted to sell a machine. They apologized 2 days later when the owner called and said how may I help you? I said you did I bought an Aerotech thanks to you and am so glad I did! Aerotech has the best customer service period..
Customer service man that's what it's all about!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Its PrOgReSs.....

That is why I NO LONGER ......DaNcE with the BUTLER CORP....

All the GOOD guys in SERVICE.....Get PROMOTED to Management......

THEN IT IS ALL....................."DOWN HILL"...... :(

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
If AT ever goes out of the business of selling trucks and parts and I cant find what I need else were..I (and probably a lot of others) will be forced to shut down the Vortex and will have to find something else because we could not afford to keep it on the asphalt with blueline prices..............

Greenie

Jim Martin said:
If AT ever goes out of the business of selling trucks and parts and I cant find what I need else were..I (and probably a lot of others) will be forced to shut down the Vortex and will have to find something else because we could not afford to keep it on the asphalt with blueline prices..............

I guess we'll know in a year or two if AT is making enough on their current margins, or not....and Jim buys something else.

I think $6 a gal. fuel may impact that buying decision 2 years from now.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i have a noticed a change in bluelines service as i have mentioned before but i agree with the others that AT has the best customer service of anyone in the business. they are really easy to order from and will give you support even if you are not using their product.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Greenie said:
Jim Martin said:

I guess we'll know in a year or two if AT is making enough on their current margins, or not....and Jim buys something else.

I think $6 a gal. fuel may impact that buying decision 2 years from now.

Fuel I can deal with....you just incorporate it into your jobs...that one is easy.....being anal raped for a part if you break down with no other options is where most will get hurt.....

The Wizard

After reading this post, I am so glad that we purchased two new Aero Tech's last year instead of two new Vortex's ! Our Aero Tech's are amazing machines and the three main people at Aero Tech, that being DeEtte, Ted & Vlad have been awesome to work with.

So happy to be as far away from the Zentherm oil, as we are. After having just one oil explosion (we had more than one) in the box of one's truck, not to mention a fire, you could not pay us enough to have an oil heated water system. Vlad's patented heat transference system, just doesn't get any better.

We have had no problems with our Aero Tech's and contribute this to Aero Tech's desire to provide a superior truck to their customers. Sorry, we did have a problem with the Cat pump starting to knock at about 900 hours. I called Ted, and within a couple days a new Cat Pump was at our office, NO CHARGE ! Aero Tech is a dream come true, refreshing, true customer service at it's finest.

Not a day goes by, that I don't tell someone in our company how much I love our Aero Tech trucks.

The Wizard.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A call to Cleanco in Canada has always solved my few and far between problems.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Gentlemen
First off I dissappointed that people don't feel the service level is what it should be or that parts are over priced. I can tell you that we have not increaesed any prices since we purchased the company and honestly I'm not aware of how our prices stack up against AT. I do know that our costs to produce a Vortex are significantly higher but thats our issue to deal with.

Regarding the telephone system, frankly BLUEline didn't have a receptionist answering the phone, it was jsut whoever heard it ring and while that may have worked for some people it didn't work for many. As many of you are aware todays economy is forcing every company to look at how they spend money so what we did was turn on a automatic answering system that hopefully helps you get to the person who can help as soon as they are available. We have added people to our service team and have another starting September 1. Our goal is to get you taken care of as fast as possible. I'll share your concerns with my people there as soon as I post this email. Regarding the backordered BLUEline parts that started this post who is the distributor? I'd like to discuss this issue with them to understand when they ordered what the parts is etc. I can tell everyone that the old 3 to 4 day UPS shipment is now 7 days or more to the east coast once again because of the economy and down sizing that has taken place in the transportation industry so it is an influencing issue. But I will also comment that we expect dealers to have parts in stock to service and maintain equipment.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Blue line therm oil.....5 gallons....$514.00 plus shipping........

AT Therm oil...(same exact stuff).......$265.00...included shipping to my front door....

I am not trying to bust any body's balls here but that is not a $20.00/$40.00 difference....

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I have not had much interaction with Blueline/Sapphire Scientific lately being that our trucks are running flawlessly. I can tell you that I had been very satisfied with the customer service I received when our trucks were being built; Chuck Cushman and Kevin Miller went out of their way to meet and sometimes exceed my expectations; I will post pictures as examples.
I have had some items on the trucks that had to be reengineered after Blueline was puchased by Legends; Bill Bruders was very helpful in getting these problems resolved. I had floated the idea of a "customer focus group" several months ago and I think now would be the time to refocus on building the equipment, that we need as carpet cleaners, to meet our customers expectations.
GetAttachmentaspx.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx-1.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx-2.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx-3.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx-4.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx-5.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx-7.jpg
GetAttachmentaspx-8.jpg
DSC_0059.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Bill

Please don't get me wrong I love my machine. I have 7200 hrs and have only been down a total of 3 hrs. I have only had to reschedule one job do to problems. Yes I have had a few minor glitches but I am always quick to solve them.

One example of a huge price difference I needed a water pump for the Nissan engine and from Blueline it would have been 400. I ordered the same part from a forklift company and paid 102. That to me is to much of a difference. I understand profit but the forklift company made a profit. Both parts were identical in this case because only nissan made that particular pump.

My main concern is speed at getting parts. I ordered something on Tue from another company and I got it today. I want that kind of service from BLueline. I had it in the past so I know it's possible. Same day shipping is a necessity in this business.

Gene

Farenheit251

When I ordered a replacement wheel for my Airpath I was told Dri Eaz takes two weeks to send parts and that filling parts orders in a timely manner was not a priority for you.

Jimbo

Way to go, Bill! Sounds good!

Are you guys pricing stuff through SAP software??

I think the Karchers/Prochem team might be...I had to send back some grommets on an Everest Heat Exchanger that were priced at OVER $19.00 APIECE...Ended up that I bought them at a local fastener store for 62 CENTS EACH...Why should a cleaner have to reset the prices for an international corporation? I don't get it...

But thanks for handling the situation, Bill.

Mikey P

Administrator
Regarding the telephone system, frankly BLUEline didn't have a receptionist answering the phone,

Actually the office lady from Ferris Bueller's Day Off use to answer the phones there for a long time.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
she was so nice and she used to connect me to whoever I wanted to talk to. Oh the good ole days.

Gene

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
Regarding the Airpath parts, I don't know who tolds you we take 2 weeks to ship parts but they are not being honest. We normally ship same day and with over 80 service centers our goal is to handle a repair within 2 days of receiving it into a repair facility so parts availability is a must for our business. For the past three years we have averaged 1.3 days for these repairs. I know this because I review this information every month. while we have a lot of room for improvment at Sapphire we have the same goals for that business. I would like to know who told you 2 weeks as I suspect they are a part of the problem rather than the solution.

Bob Foster

Well spoken Bill. It's refreshing to see the man at the top start to kick some ass and CARE.

I can tell you after being a LOYAL Vortex customer for 5 years this Nov my loyalty is totally shaken.
I do not for one moment think that Blueline wants to make the Vortex.

Regarding the telephone system, frankly BLUEline didn't have a receptionist answering the phone, it was jsut whoever heard it ring and while that may have worked for some people it didn't work for many

I always was greeted with a very pleasant woman on the phone @ the OLD Blueline. When I wanted to talk to Thom I was sent direct to his line with no explanation as to why I wanted to talk to him and when he was out of the office his cell # was on his voice mail for me to call.

Regarding the backordered BLUEline parts that started this post who is the distributor? I'd like to discuss this issue with them to understand when they ordered what the parts is etc. I can tell everyone that the old 3 to 4 day UPS shipment is now 7 days or more to the east coast once again because of the economy and down sizing that has taken place in the transportation industry so it is an influencing issue.

Bill are you saying the UPS has doubled their service time ? I have a very hard time with this idea, FedEx would eat their lunch overnight with TV ad's.

I have not seen UPS transit time change at all and we depend on UPS to service our rural area. I would need proof of this fact with tracking numbers to prove it.

Has anyone else seen this UPS transit time double in their dealings ?

Back
Top Bottom