BNI 10 min

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I did a search on here on bni and nothing showed up, so sorry if this is an old topic. My 10 minute presentation is coming up soon. In addition to how I got started and why in this biz, I'm having some brain farts on what else to talk about. I was thinking bout (trying) explaining the difference between vlm and hwe and why hwe (hehe) is the best for residential cleaning. Then the pros and cons of wand vs rotary(we use 360 most of the time) I was going to bring in a wand and the 360 to show. And then why our little co. is the one to use. No bait and switch, ho hurrying to rush off to the next job, no employees(yet), etc. If there is something else I could possibly use let me know. Keep in mind that most of the group are women. Is this going to be dumb or what? TIA

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You've lost my attention already.

Entertain them, don't instruct them.
Do something different.

duckster

Try talking about what interests and motivates them.

How protectant helps the carpet resist dirt so a quick pass of the vacuum may do the trick
How a clean carpet communicates so much about her and her family
How her husband will feel when he comes home to see a neat as a pin carpet
How the scent of clean upholstery affects the mood of those in the home
How the health of her family is influenced by the home environment

If you had a male audience things would be different.

How protectant helps the carpet resist dirt so a quick pass of the vacuum may do the trick - a pet peeve of wives about their husbands and kids bringing dirt in on what was just cleaned - happy wife, happy life
How the value of the home and the speed of a real estate sale improves with clean carpet - you mean it MAKES me money?
How the family's satisfaction with the carpet purchase does not dwindle away like it would with dirty carpet and so purchases of new carpet at today's high prices are put off for many years - now I can get that big screen TV for the SuperBowl

Both genders are highly motivated by one thing - WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME

That's just my opinion. Of course, I could be wrong. Ask my wife.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Try talking to them about how a carpet cleaning company can help THEIR company.

You're in peoples houses every day..yada yada yada.
Get them to tell you how to get THEM tips while your out working.

Give more than you get and the profits are endless.

Remember- they are part of your sales team. do they know what kind of client you are really looking for.

one of my last to minutes I went over my top three favorite clients and why they were my favorite clients and how they became my clients. - I instructed them how to look for them and what to say to them. I also went over trigger words they could listen for. People found it very informative and after that They started giving me better referrals- I also went over clients I did not want. and those demographics that usually don't like our service (price shoppers). I taught them how to prequalify leads so the referral knows why we are higher priced than some others.-

this is a great exercise for any one- think about your favorite client- what makes them your favorite- how can you reproduce that client. the more we focus on that client the more of those type clients we get.

this last time I brought a huge bag of candy and asked questions about my service-

Things we clean-
areas we service
thing we don't clean
guarantee
who is our favorite client- ETC.....
any who shouted out a right answer i threw a candy bar at them. That was very entertaining.

another one i have done- is comparing us to the competition It was a power point presentation on paper..
topics- type of cleaning- experience- training- customer service- equipment-

Another time I teamed up with the maid service- we played a game again asking questions about our services- gave out candy for prizes.

Jim never comes to meetings with me so I never have our van or anything. It might be cool to bring in equipment- sometimes when the other guys do it though it can get dull.

Hope those ideas were helpful.

Melissa

Mikey P

Administrator
I've done that 10 minute presentation so many times in my 8 years as a LeTiper

Two weeks ago in fact.

I told the wheel chair guy story which led to the group using their 30 second time to share stories about how I went above and beyond to help them or their referrals.

Robison has good advise, take head.

Chris A

Name
Chris
there's a couple of really cool ones on youtube. Maybe not your exact cup o' tea, but lots of ideas there.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
There's a million things that you can say about carpet cleaning but at the end of the day they want to know about you. Business is more about relationships than anything else.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Give them info in the "routine"

I had Jenifer dress up as Cher (she does a perfect imitation)

I told the groupt that I service some pretty high end clients...as I introduced Cher and she came in singing.
I would ask her.
"So how do you like Priority Carpet and Tile Cleaning?"

And she would sing
"I found someone.....to take away the pet stains"
We did about 7 or 8 of Chers hits (just the tag lines) and switched the words to something about cleaning.
And we were a hit.
At the end I got down on my knees so I would look like Sonny Bono and we sang.
I got you babe.
Sonny "I'm the one who does the job"
Cher "I'm the one who is the slob"
Sonny "I'm the one who cleans the mess"
Cher" Boy I think you are the best"
Sonny "I'll be there, just for you"
Cher "Don't forget the pile of Dog Poo"

You get the idea.
The crowd goes wild and we are never...and I do mean never...forgotten by the members.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I really need to start video taping these things.
Maybe Letip would post it on the main website?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Lately, I have been giving my 30 second commercials as "Rooster T. Feathers"...an angry 103 year old man who's pissed about everything.

"What the hell are you clapping about, haven't you ever seen an old man speak before?? aaaahhhh you're all a bunch of morons.....Back in my day, we didn't have "tips"...if we wanted something done, we did it our damn self!!! And We liked it!!!!"

That one goes over good with the old man voice like grandpa Simpson. You gotta wear the white wig with the coke bottle glasses for the full effect.
I need to get a caine and flirt with the mary kay girl.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I just did my 10 min.
I emailed everyone in advance and asked if they had any questions
I answered them, then started talking about the different methods, ie shampoo, encap, bonnet, and hwe, using a towel and washing hair as an analogy. I videoed it, just have to clean it up and then post it on Youtube. Went over pretty good. I actually took 16 min, didn't realize it till I looked at the length of the vid.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I emailed to my group and asked if they had any questions that I could answer during my presentation. I got a response from about half of them, most of the questions they had I was going to cover, so that just reinforced my plan. Plus I got a couple I hadn't thought of. Thanks guys and gals for all your ideas, appreciate it mucho.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
OK, I watched the whole thing.
It was pretty good from the friendly and goofy aspect with some education.

I would have prepared more but I still think it was pretty good for what you were trying to accomplish.

Funny, Chem Dry used to use the same comparison for washing your hair.

They would just say that "Steam cleaning leaves all that soap behind, it's kinda like getting in the shower, soaping up and getting out while forgetting to rinse" Perception, I guess.

Good job Ron.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Thanks Brian
I didn't want to get too technical with them, so I kept it light. AS I looked around I could see I was educating them. I did a well prepared presentation my first time up to bat, forgot to video it. It would have made a great webvid. All I did for that one was follow the guideline in the BNI manual.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Ron Werner said:
I just did my 10 min.
I emailed everyone in advance and asked if they had any questions
I answered them, then started talking about the different methods, ie shampoo, encap, bonnet, and hwe, using a towel and washing hair as an analogy. I videoed it, just have to clean it up and then post it on Youtube. Went over pretty good. I actually took 16 min, didn't realize it till I looked at the length of the vid.

Ron,
We cannot imagine you taking more than the time alotted. You missed telling them about vacuuming or was that the other 12 minutes---lol---

Rick

Upholstery and Carpet Cleaning

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Whew, I did my 10 min thingy today. I'm pretty new to the group so I spent the first 3 or 4 minutes explaining the how and why I chose to do ccing. Then went with why hwe is better than vlm, brought in a wand, 360, briefly explained how they work. Then how our co. does things different than most local cos.(360, vacuuming, o2, corner guards, booties, grooming when done), I was a nervous wreck, there were about 50 people there. But I recd a lot of positive comments, especially the female business people. Only 8 months til my next one. Thanks again for the ideas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom