Boxer 421 dumping water

jerry ACC

Name
Jerry Lightcap
My Boxer has been cycling water into the waste tank for years. There are times I can only clean two rooms with a full 75 gallon fresh water tank ( only one sofa). I have changed all of the sensors several times, changed and cleaned the solenoid a number of times with little to no improvement.
Question,
Could I convert the solenoid to dump back into my FRESH water tank instead of the waste tank ?
It is hot water but I think when it mixes with the cold freah water it should be cool enough not to hurt the pump ?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
My Boxer has been cycling water into the waste tank for years. There are times I can only clean two rooms with a full 75 gallon fresh water tank ( only one sofa). I have changed all of the sensors several times, changed and cleaned the solenoid a number of times with little to no improvement.
Question,
Could I convert the solenoid to dump back into my FRESH water tank instead of the waste tank ?
It is hot water but I think when it mixes with the cold freah water it should be cool enough not to hurt the pump ?

off the top of my head I cant think of a reason why not.....have you replaced the therm valve.....some of these you have to be careful with...not knowing the type you have but on some you have to be careful how deep you screw in the hose barb fitting......if you go to deep it will hit the spring.....

I experienced this with my CDS....like to never figured it out and all it would do is dump into the waste tank.........

gtech12v

Yes you can route the water to the fresh tank most pumps have a 145* temperature relief valve to protect from over heating
Boxers have a very cheap type of valve you can use a different one

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom