Boxxer 427 Question

breathe72

Ok actually two questions:

1) could anyone tell me where/how do we adjust the vacuum on this unit.

It is currently set at 10 (hg?) and want to bring it up to 15.. But how? (technical manual is at shop, Im at home with the van)

2) The heat exchanger kicks-in ONLY when we adjust the dial to the max (230) then you can hear it kick-in as well as see the temp rise.

It used to kick in when the dial was turned to approx 200 degrees.

Is this a calibration issue? How to fix?

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
vac

Depending on the year of your machines there is either a small box on your waste tank with a bolt sticking out of it with 2 round nuts on it. You have to turn those nuts in to compress the spring and increase your vac. If it's a newer one the vac relief valve will be below your pressure pump.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
diverter

As to the other question it sounds like an issue with the diverter system. I would suggest taking it in to your local Hydramaster dealer. It could be a long process of testing for you where it might take them a lot less time and save you the headache.

ND

Makes me glad I don't have a TM. I've got no clue with the mechanical stuff.

Greenie

That new style "box" is sitting on top of your blower, look at it like it's a vacuum manifold, your waste tank 3" vac hose connection spans from the box to your tank, the relief valve (screw and nuts) is protruding from the rear of the box next to that 3" hose. You ain't gonna see it easily, gotta feel for it.

righty tighty.

I agree with Chris.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom