Boxxer 427

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Ok guys this is driving me nuts, my Boxxer 427 is 4 years old and has about 430 hours on it. This happened last summer and its doing it again now only now more frequently. Whenever the unit shuts down, low water, pumpprotection, or when I shut it down, I have to let it sit for about 10 minutes so it will start again. In the last week I have changed oil, filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs, it seems to sound and work better, but if I let it shutdown, I'm screwed for at least 10 minutes. TIA

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sounds like she is getting hot and vapor locking...............

I knew a girl like that............

G

There's definately something going on somewhere (probably the electronics). I have never had that problem. Do you get it serviced at a Interlink Supply?

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
I live about an hour away from the interlink store, the service dept has been helpful with other issues, I should give them a call. I did a search on here and there was a vapor lock issue recently, I'm going to try some of those ideas. I'm inclined to think it may be a vapor lock issue because I didn't have any problems for the last 6 mos or so, but I did have the same prob last summer. Funny how a few degrees hotter can affect things here.

T

The Magician

when was the last time you descaled and cleaned the orficces and screens?

Greenie

only happens in the summer, that is definitely suggesting a heated fuel intake problem, also could be resolved with the location of your fuel pump, is it close to engine on machine, fuel pump should be mounted under van, cooler and they pump better than they suck anyways.

Also pay attention to your AIR intake, your machine does not like sucking hot air.

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Update, Jack from Florida called me and suggested I connect a 1.5" hose from air cleaner intake to front of panel. So I'm trying that, today there was no problem, but it was only about 95 degrees instead of 105. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks to all!

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Update to the update, the air intake trick seems to be doing the job. Thanks!

Name
jack zerkie
Thanks for the follow up, I knew that would help even if Hydramaster told me that wasn,t the cause?They have very smart people working there,I,m just an old carpet cleaner that uses the equipment everyday when it works. Oh yea my hydramaster 470 D runs great now and its for sale great second unit for someone. jz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom