Building a TM from the ground up.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
that blower pictured is set up in the the wrong direction. Vacuum in on top, exhaust on bottom is correct way........

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
that blower pictured is set up in the the wrong direction. Vacuum in on top, exhaust on bottom is correct way........
I'm confused - I only see two blowers pictured in this thread (Bawbs), and they are set up for vertical mounting, with the ports left/right, not top/bottom. Which blower are you talking about?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
this is how you wanna set up yor belts an' pulley system...
you can changes all the belts in about three min.....
blowernewroots.jpg

Wow! What a Smart and simple way to handle belt tensioning!-- I wish my TM's had space to make that modification without major rebuild..
But you might want to make that gab between that blue mounting plate and blower a little wider so that a socket wrench can get to the bolts that will be going through that mounting plate.

What ever you do---- Don't make your Blower-to blower filters - to waste tank connections the way that Power Clean did their DXT's-- AND use LockTight on every bolt..

Reactions: Mikey P

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
John..it works perfect jus that way.....that set up is all done!
whurr did you get the idea that i don know what im doin'.../

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
John..it works perfect jus that way.....that set up is all done!
whurr did you get the idea that i don know what im doin'.../

My comment and opinion is based on my experience with my Power clean DXT with a similar setup.. I CAN get to the bolt with a wrench but if it had more space I could use a socket wrench instead making it easier to service.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
enjoy your build mike. From a guy that has built two machines it can be rewarding i guess. Also understanding stuff will come up is good. One thing i did on my second one that very very few builders do is use vibration isolators. The engine blower and pump sit in a frame that sit on rubber mounts to isolate any vibration.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
enjoy your build mike. From a guy that has built two machines it can be rewarding i guess. Also understanding stuff will come up is good. One thing i did on my second one that very very few builders do is use vibration isolators. The engine blower and pump sit in a frame that sit on rubber mounts to isolate any vibration.
I too like isolation dampers. This is an old Turbo Tech that I have rebuilt and modified over the years. Components sit on a 1/4" plate that sits on dampers. This things runs real smooth. Another thing I really like about this unit is that the pump is drive off the motor shaft and not the blower. This reduces the stress on the belts or coupler in this case.
BackupUnit001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dgardner

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We are one of the TM builders that uses them.
We design in 6 large rubber shock mounts :

platemounts.jpg

Last edited:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I've Dreamed and played with the Idea of making an ETM/porty installed into an electric powered van where the batteries would also be recharged by a wind turbine and solar panels installed on the van.
On Paper It almost seemed possible-- but weight and affordable battery technology was an issue.

I know nothing about Electrical Engineering... SO I was going to make a "reality show type" video as the project progressed---just in case It Worked Out OR for those Hilarious moments when I ELECTROCUTE myself. :oldrolleyes:

Mike Draper

I'll post some pics soon of my progress, just received the blower. Should be getting the engine next week with the pump and blower silencer. Just picked up some parts at Aero Tech this week also. I should say, I
m not re-inventing the wheel here, most everything I'm going to do is somewhat standard in the industry. but my design and look will be pretty radical.

Reactions: AshleyMckendree

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Mike,

Enjoy your journey. I'm glad it is not about saving money, but rather an accomplishment.

I am sure it will be enlightening.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I like belt drive but I prefer the extra distance a coupler puts the blower from the engine. I tinkered with the idea of using a shaft driven by the engine which allows you to place the blower and pump with better spacing. It would add minimal cost.

Gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom