Burning out

Chads

Supportive Member
What do you guys do when you start burning out, I am not swamped but not slow either. I am just getting less excited about going out and cleaning rugs. what do yall do the most of the time to keep yourself on track. :cry:

Greenie

outside of raising prices, and taking a new class and researching something new to get excited over?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
27 years married to a Filipino, I don't have those problems. :wink: :wink:

We always find something different to raise the bar.

So to speak. :wink: :lol:

Ooroo,

:roll:

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I like to wind down fishing or camping. You have some sweet camping close by, go relax for a weekend before it gets too cold.

Chris A

Name
Chris
This time of year is tough for me too, nothing to really look forward to, I think it's normal to not be excited about work every day...

G

I agree, raise prices, take a new class and research something new, go fishing and camping, and then really count your blessings!

Works for me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Just change something.

Break out of the normal and do something different.

Show up at your first job naked....that one always gets the blood flowing

You get the idea

I always feel rejuvinated and excited after trade shows. Classes and training always get me excited. I have plenty of times where I feel the same way especially when I have a restoration job. Sometimes its nice to take a long weekend and just relax. Getting Cold here I've got to make some time to go hit the callaways b4 its too late...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Charles Lyman said:
go to work for someone else for a couple of weeks. That will make you love what you do.

I hear ya on that one....get a 9 to 5er going for about a day and it will livein you the hell up quickly.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
I try and start work at 9am and finish by 3pm, play golf every Wednesday ( have for 15 years ) and dont worry about much at all. Lifes too short to be stressed and I dont see the point in being the richest guy in the cemetery. Having a hot wife helps too ( 7 years younger ).
An occassional quality bourbon/red wine or three relaxing in the knowledge that IF I REALLY dont want to go to work tommorrow I dont have to.
It's not about how much you make, it's about how much you keep and the quality of life you end up with.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
a new piece of equipment will help.
Doesn't have to be a large expensive piece either.
Just something that makes work easier, more efficient or better in general...or something you just think is cool to have... 8)

Life in general can become a drudge if you let it.
It's important to MAKE time for things you enjoy and not be always focused on the day to day cares/stresses of life

do something to jump out of your "same ole, same ole" routine once in awhile

..L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
on the other hand, I s'pose you could be thankful for work. I see lot's of RePoed vans around.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Chris Adkins said:
on the other hand, I s'pose you could be thankful for work. I see lot's of RePoed vans around.

and that's a fact, Jack

Interestingly enough though, it's not the times we're slammed and "in the groove" that I have burnout issues.
It's generally that "in between" time of not being slammed and not being dead that gives me personally the most trouble...go figure :roll:

but you already know I'm a little "different"...

..L.T.A.

-JB-

Name
JB
count your blessings!

It amazes me that as amerikans we think we are ENTITELED to XX days or weeks off, or a brand new XXXX cause I work so hard, whhaaaaa! Then we wonder why are most amerikans kids have such a sense of entitlement. :roll:

There are people all over the world including in your hometown(s) that know nothing other than, get up go to work, make/do whatever they do, go home n go to sleep get up n do it all over again, 365 days a year, well maybe 364 days. Keeping that in mind reminds me how truly blessed I am, and I will be just happy to keep doing what I do thank you.

I am blessed.

Name
Ron lippold
Jb you are right on the money with that. I feel damn lucky to be working 6-7 days a week. I am unemployable so burn out for me is not a option. I will catch up when im done.

go get em boys

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
I guess it depends on what's causing the burn out. I've never really felt burn out until this past year. We were so swamped that we literally didn't have a day off for months. That made me hire better, delegate more and be less of a control freak. Damn near killed me. You could also burn out due to lack of work. Nothing makes me wearier than the phone not ringing. Since we are mostly restoration, I've had to come to terms with that. In carpet cleaning you need to get out of your comfort zone. While buying a new piece of equipment or attending a tradeshow or class might help you, it probably ain't going to get the phone ringing.

For me my goal was to grow my company. We've done that and are continuting to do that, and that presents other burn out issues. I've been doing this so long I forgot what it is I like to do for fun. I've found there's 2 sure fire ways to get work.

1. Buy a plane ticket and plan a vacation
2. Be so sick you can't go to work (like yesterday) and the phone rings off the hook.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ed said:
1. Buy a plane ticket and plan a vacation
2. Be so sick you can't go to work (like yesterday) and the phone rings off the hook.

Ain't dat da truth!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom