Stephen
"So, why clean the whole carpet?"

Best answer (non profane) wins a great big ol' bag of "yay."

I'll tell you what I said later.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Cleaned a rental home with cat urine in one area of the carpet, wasn't to horribly saturated but smelt! A week later customer calls and says she still smells cat urine. We check with black light on carpet no urine in that spot, do the nose to ground smell test and nothing. Took the black light up her wall and cat spray all over the place. People don't realize the odor is coming from their bed skirts, tile, baseboards, everywhere these pets are peeing on!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
But it's only one spot . . . Urine.jpg
About 2.5 feet long
Photo taken with our 8 watt UV spotlight and UV filter.

Last edited:

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Gotta love it when there's so much dog urine that it bleaches out the color!

This lady said the same thing… "My little dog would never pee on the carpet. I think the spots are from my boys sitting on the carpet with their wet bathing suits. Must be chlorine from the pool."

Ummm..... then why does your house reek like dog urine? :hopeless:

We had to do a full room dye to fix the problem.

IMG_5645.JPG

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7467.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
Bruce
If a customer tells me their little dogs don't pee on the carpet then as far as I'm concerned they don't. I'll ask if they want the carpet deodorized and go from there.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
What do you do when the customer tells you the last guy cleaned twice, but it still smells, then wonders why you want to charge for treating more than a few square feet?

Name
Nate W.
You simply say, LOOKY HERE, A PET THAT DOESN'T PISS IN THE HOUSE IS A PET THAT IS KEPT OUTDOORS... You smell piss, because something did it... Denial is not a river in Egypt....

:winky:

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Actually, I think the last guy went above and beyond. We had a good chat on the phone the other day.

Wednesday I'll do what I can, including ozone treatment for the air ducts.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I trust you are experienced with ozone and will kick out the occupants, plants, animals, and any other items that could be affected during the process.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

This lady said the same thing… "My little dog would never pee on the carpet. I think the spots are from my boys sitting on the carpet with their wet bathing suits. Must be chlorine from the pool."

View attachment 68700

View attachment 68702

View attachment 68703

View attachment 68704
Chris, with that amount of urine in the room, I am curious as to what kind of urine removal treatments did you provide to the carpet, pad and floor? How much did you charge for the urine decontamination? How much for the color repair? Was it worth it? Looks like that carpet is bordered by hardwood. I am just wondering if it would have a better solution just to replace the carpet.

Name
Jeff T
If a customer tells me their little dogs don't pee on the carpet then as far as I'm concerned they don't. I'll ask if they want the carpet deodorized and go from there.
Yes, but, 3 days later they call you back and ask why there are spots all over the place..... Then you explain to them that it's the pet stains re wicking..... Then they go next door to bit about it, then the bank, then the grocery store, then the hair salon, oh, and don't forget about FB...... That's why I have them sign off on declining pet treatment...... It's bitten me more than once..... It's like peeing the bed, and only washing the sheets.....

Name
Jeff T
Jeff, even if they signed in blood, won't they still go crabbing about it?
I do agree with that. I've found If people are made aware of it, and sign off on it, it at least helps to mitigate it. It cuts the callbacks down 80-90%........ I think they feel to embarrassed to call back.....

Jamesh921

Name
James

I find it sad that people would rather BLAME their CHILDREN than believe that their pets would pee in the house.

Reactions: Chris Howell

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Chris, with that amount of urine in the room, I am curious as to what kind of urine removal treatments did you provide to the carpet, pad and floor? How much did you charge for the urine decontamination? How much for the color repair? Was it worth it? Looks like that carpet is bordered by hardwood. I am just wondering if it would have a better solution just to replace the carpet.
We normally charge $1.50 per square foot for residential dyeing services. If the carpet has urine contamination we charge $2.00 per square foot.

It was a high grade of carpet that was in excellent structural condition. Just had bleaching from the dog urine, so there was no reason to replace it and it would've been significantly more money to do so.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I wonder how many have never called back for future service regarding their continuing pet issues and thus blaming you for not solving it.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Eric
I did a job yesterday for a lady that had 5 dachshunds, and "only a couple" pee spots. The smell slapped you in the face as soon as you walked in. The lady had been living in the house for 3 months with 5 dogs that weren't potty trained but still didn't think her dogs did it. The carpet lit up under the black light and there was less carpet that hadn't been peed on than carpet with pee on it.

Back
Top Bottom