"But my dog only pees here, here and here!"

Name
Jeff T
I wonder how many have never called back for future service regarding their continuing pet issues and thus blaming you for not solving it.
Ya know Jimmy, I've never thought of it that way. I, like everyone, try hard to retain clients. I do call backs, recall cards, and a few other things. I have a core group of clients that have been using my company(s) for 20-25 years. I find that the ones that don't call back are the one timers, move out etc. they are cheap, try to buckle and dime me for everything. They are the ones I DON'T want to call us back. Yes, their money is green, but their attitude is sour as a lemon. I will go the extra mile for clients that appreciate the quality of work I do for them.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
From the pictures, it looks like it's about 200sqft. You're saying you charged $400 to clean and dye it?
It was more than 200 sq ft. It was a living room, hallway, and two bedrooms all together. I don't remember the overall square footage. I just remember that we charged two dollars per square foot for the spot repair, urine decontamination, and dyeing.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I'm annoyed at the clients who buy their own UV light, and thus can never be satisfied that their carpets are usable.

You can get rid of the UV fluorescence, but it takes a strong UV light plus oxidizer :
mustuv[1].jpg
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/uvstain.html

Name
Jeff T
You can get rid of the UV fluorescence, but it takes a strong UV light plus oxidizer :
View attachment 68750
http://www.cobbcarpet.com/uvstain.html
I had a client that got rid of it using some recipe/ multi step thing she found on the net. She's the GM of her husbands companies, and this is one of those people that sees shyte through to the end. I was VERY surprised that there was no detectable glow from my UV light. It was on nylon, so I only knew where it was from her description. This one baffled me. i didn't even treat for pet stains, just used some Biobreak as prespray. When my office called back, she said she was very happy with the results..... I thought to myself, no, thank you for doing my job for me....... I think this has been the only case of this I've ever come across.....

Reactions: Chris Howell

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Well, the end of this story is simple. We vacuumed (just to piss off Ofer) and treated a few spots with Unleashed.
The carpet had been well cleaned a week ago, so I deodorized it all with a good dose of Hydrocide, scrubbed in with the CRB. The house smells a lot better now. I left her with a quart of Unleashed and recommended that she buy an Alpine ozone air purifier (just to piss off Steve Lawrence) and accepted payment.

So far, so good.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And you would recommend that they buy a Alpine OZONE machine? Really? Do they even make those POS anymore?
Years ago I bought one and tried to sell them. Read too many BAD things about OZONE in a home environment .
Thought they had too many lawsuits against them?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yeah I did. For keeping smells suppressed, they are pretty good.

Why, you think cat and dog piss is healthy?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yeah I did. For keeping smells suppressed, they are pretty good.

Why, you think cat and dog piss is healthy?
The problem with ozone is if you are generating enough to oxidize odors, it is also enough to cause you physical damage. If it doesn't cause you physical damage, you are not generating enough ozone to kill off the odors.

Reactions: Jimmy L

SamIam

Name
sam miller
We cleaned a house for a lady we treated an obvious pet stain. Couple days later she call saying we spread the urine through out the house she said he used something that spread it around!

Lol

I went and black lighted her CSI crime
Scene and found more urine. She was there's a niegbors cat coming through the pet door and marking her house

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
The problem with ozone is if you are generating enough to oxidize odors, it is also enough to cause you physical damage. If it doesn't cause you physical damage, you are not generating enough ozone to kill off the odors.

Not so. These things trickle it out and approximate outdoor levels.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We would apply the Fabric Brightener (15% peroxide) diluted 1 to 1, or 7.5%.

We are working on generation of Hydroxyl ions in solution for deodorization.

Back
Top Bottom