Butler bogging down

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
2019 butler with 1600 hrs. With the wand on the carpet and the trigger ingaged, the motor seams to get bogged down. Release everything and rpms pick up to normal. Only happens once in a while. Tried installing new belts in the unit to no difference. I have had butlers for 26 years and never ran into this issue.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
2019 butler with 1600 hrs. With the wand on the carpet and the trigger ingaged, the motor seams to get bogged down. Release everything and rpms pick up to normal. Only happens once in a while. Tried installing new belts in the unit to no difference. I have had butlers for 26 years and never ran into this issue.

Did you replace the belts under the hood as well?

Last edited:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Filters clean?

Reactions: SamIam

FredC

Village Idiot
Filters and vac relief are perfect, changing belts under hood today. Sectional and area rugs this morning all good.

Is it "perfect" when it's actually happening or just when you checked.

Not saying it's definitely the relief* but if it's an intermittent issue most things will likely seem ok.....

*very well could be the belts

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Flushed blower just for shits and giggles. 93 degrees out today, I will change belts in engine compartment tomorow.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Every thing is bogging down, no flood work.
Are you able to check to see if your vac gauge is accurate? My gauge crapped on me and It was off about 4hg. I had it set at 18-19 and it showed 14 on the gauge. I thought the blower was causing the bogging down when it was just the gauge and vac relief

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I have an older Butler that was bogging down and couldn’t figure out why. It happened once, then again a few months later then more and more frequently. It turned out to be gunk built up in the engine.

I drive around residential areas not highways and clean a lot of upholstery so the engine doesn’t get a chance to clean itself out.

I spent $500 at a GMC dealership for them to clean out the engine and it has been fine ever since.

Reactions: Mike J and SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Filters or blockage?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I have an older Butler that was bogging down and couldn’t figure out why. It happened once, then again a few months later then more and more frequently. It turned out to be gunk built up in the engine.

I drive around residential areas not highways and clean a lot of upholstery so the engine doesn’t get a chance to clean itself out.

I spent $500 at a GMC dealership for them to clean out the engine and it has been fine ever since.
So the engine needs an enema?

Name
Nate W.

Sea-foam :cool:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Engine belts -first go to ... Also how often do you flush heat exchanger...Sediment build up affects engine performance as well...Throws cooling system off...Which makes computer reading whonky. But slippage in front belts will play that game...My old boss at Allied had problem ,we flipped belts out...Worked fine there after. What did they say when you called them ? Also gut fuel filters yearly let her drink smoothly. My son still remembers you .! Best of Luck Lyman !

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Changed engine side belts this morning. Not a bad job. Remove air intake system and coolant tank. Remove upper fan shroud( a little bending and cursing) Put a rachet on tensioner to relieve pressure and swap belts. Put twenty miles on truck to brake belts in. Cleaned a small commercial job (500 sq ft ), all was good. But yesterday all was good also. Will report back, mon and tues are packed.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
Yesterday was all upholstery, all carpet today. After front belts, runs great. The old belts had 238 hrs on them. Must have been the heat this year. Thanks for everyones help. On a side note, the new cat attack works great on stinky cat urine.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Changed engine side belts this morning. Not a bad job. Remove air intake system and coolant tank. Remove upper fan shroud( a little bending and cursing) Put a rachet on tensioner to relieve pressure and swap belts. Put twenty miles on truck to brake belts in. Cleaned a small commercial job (500 sq ft ), all was good. But yesterday all was good also. Will report back, mon and tues are packed.
Belts slipping.....rough up the edges with some course sandpaper

Reactions: KevinL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom