butt kissing vendors f'ing it up for independents

steve g

Name
steve garrett
an evening of reading over at the restoration forum really assures me that I am not the only one facing the same problems, what I see is adjusters expect me a non vendor to offer them the same deals as the vendors give, state farm the other day told me normally they don't pay a service call and wanted it taken off the bill. I get all kinds of other questions about things and how they don't normally pay that, I sense the vendors have agreed to take that off their bills so they think I should too, when I get no work from them why in the hell should I do that. I feel these butt kissing vendors are really cheapening the industry.

Mike Hogan

I have had very few adjusters argue my invoicing. On just about every line item I justify it with a sentence tying it to
the IICRC/ANSI S500. I let them know in a very nice way" hey,live by Xactimate,die by Xactimate,I don't make the rules".

I then tell them the cost of my Pollution insurance and that to protect my ass,I AM going to follow ALL protocols.
"If your company ALL%$^^,wants to write the protocol and take full responsibility fine. Could you please have
your lawyers contact mine to settle the wording?" NEVER have I had an adjuster take me up on the offer.

I believe the "secret"is to be educated,letting the adjuster know in a nice way,that YOU are the professional.
Show it in your posture,your voice and confidence. In my area there are lots of young adjusters.Last year they
sold mortgages,this year its adjusting next year it will be something else........He isn't telling me what to
charge or how to dry,trust me. I then charge every allowable item in Xactimate. I also find the majority of
older adjusters know just enough to be dangerous.Knowing a LITTLE here and there about cracked windshields,
trees on a house,painting,carpentry,etc. does not qualify him in my book to tell me how to dry or which Xactimate
items he is going to allow.........he just gets to pay my bill........period.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
I had a usaa ajuster tell me i must be one of last guys not on x/mate...this from a guy with no email....i had to fax everything to him

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've heard it too, but they are just trying to cut costs on you. Fight them and if they still won't agree, tell them pay what they will and you'll bill the insured for the balance.

You are not a vendor, they don't have the control over you that they do their vendors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom