By-Pass Breather

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Jim,
Here's a picture of "what I believe" is my solenoid set-up. I think the thing at the end is the actual stone. I will soak it in wd40 as suggested, then blow it out. Where do you think I may purchase a couple of stones like this one?

Thanks,
Bill

[attachment=1:39vpn5qj]IMG_0772.JPG[/attachment:39vpn5qj]
[attachment=0:39vpn5qj]IMG_0783.JPG[/attachment:39vpn5qj]

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have no clue as to what the hell that thing is ..unless someone changed yours out this is what mine and I think everyone else's looks like...

100_2662.jpg

It should be located on the frames cross member just above the diverter........

you can get extra stones from AT or Blueline.....

you can also move it into the inside of the truck out of all the dirt and elements and forget about it....

all you need is a longer vacuum hose..the wiring will trace back far enough and just ground it to the frame somewhere....

IMG_3563.jpg

I moved mine to the inside of the box between the blower and the cat pump...been this way for awhile now and it never misses a beat.....the vacuum booster pulls about 26 so it is more then enough to make up for the extra vac hose....move it inside and forget about it.....

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Hey Jim,
I crawled under the entire truck and found no box like the one you posted or like the illustration in the manual. I traced the vacumn line back to this part that is located on the frame about 1 foot above and about 1 foot over from the diverter on the inside of a cross frame. I really didn't think this was it until I illuminated the part to get a picture and then is when I seen the texture of the end part to be like that seen on the end of your picture. I might just get the whole thing and replace.

Thanks,
Billy

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if the vacuum line goes straight down to the diverter then it has to be it....

pretty simple set up..vacuum line is attached to the solenoid ....machine calls for heat and sends 12 volts to the solenoid it opens and allows the vacuum from the booster pump to pull in the diverter and close the flapper to make the exhaust go threw the lower HX....when it gets to temp the machine breaks the 12 volts and it releases the vacuum threw the breathing stone.....If the stone is dirty or clogged up it will not release and you have a stuck diverter ..

you can order the type like I put in the picture and hook it up the same way as the one in your picture from what I can see.....you should have 2 wires..1 ground and one 12 volt and 2 vacuum lines hooked up to it ..one coming from the booster pump which is on the alternator and one coming from the diverter.....

Back
Top Bottom