Can someone please tell me why the RV 360 is liked so much?

DevilDog

I absolutely don't get this.

What a gimmicky mediocre cleaning tool.

I firmly believe the original RV is the best cleaning attachment ever made. Nothing cleans like an RV. But this 360 is comical.

It is too small, doesn't clean that well, and not versatile at all. Give me a RX-20 any day.

Now I know some of you like them....but why? Is it because you are justifying your purchase and can't admit they suck? And not suck in a good way.

This is one of the most un-needed tools I have ever seen. What is the point of this piece of junk?

DevilDog

FastEddie

Lets see Devil, 360 vs. RX

Much lighter, much more compact, easier to operate and unload, cleans tight places an RX dreams of. Quick pre-scrub with the tile cleaning head. I know for a fact it cleans just as well as an RX, as I have both. It is the ultimate rotary extractor for residential. Looks like you are judging it by looks or did you try one for like 5 mins?

I used an old school push and pull RV for years, with the super annoying wheel gap, causing you to constantly overlap each stroke. Its like your cleaning with a 7" head. Talk about in-effecient. To think that it's a better machine is comical.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You ever run one , Todd?

(not looking it over or demoing on a piece of rug in a parking lot"

I mean run one in the "real world"?

..L.T.A.

Jtuseo

Name
Big Hoss
When I first tried the RV360 I hated it. I couldnt handle it well. I have a regular rotovac that I loved. I bought a 360 used. I love it now, I have not used my regular rotovac in over 3 months. The 360 is light it is faster and if you know how to clean with it it cleans just as good as the regular rotovac. It is much easier on your body if you have back pains. I am even thinking about buying another 360.

DevilDog

Yes Larry, I have used and demo'd it EXTENSIVELY.

JUNK.

Does NOT clean as good as an RX-20. Big deal...it is lighter. Whoop dee fricken dooo!!

It is NOT versatile.

It is gimmicky as heck.

It would be real interesting to see the REAL feedback on this machine.

DevilDog

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
no shit.................

but I must say I agree also

but if it is any consolation.............

it beat out the RDM

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
if the 360 is so good why did they come out with that other DHX one so quickly

Glided wand most of the time now

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have the original. My email address is rotovac1@msn.com so I am not a hater. I tried the Rotovac 360 for 3 days and loved my old one more

Mikey P

Administrator
I just dont get it.

I clean around 800 homes a year. Give or take a 100.
I pre vacuum when needed, pre spray with good stuff, boost when needed. I scrub the bad areas with everything from my size 14's, a Grandi or carpet brush, a 175 and maybe 8 times a year my GLS. I leave all carpets soft , fluffy and looking "perfect" since I groom as well.....:roll:
I get them exceptionally clean. People love the results and I have the well earned rep as the best in town.
The retailers love me too.

I leave the carpets drier then Chem Dry does.
And I get a minimum of.50 a foot to do it.

And I do it all with a measly 10 year old "Scrub" wand.

Now tell me why would I want to add the time, energy and hassle of using a rotary extractor?

I could see if I were cleaning grease pits all day, every day but I dont and I seriously doubt any of you guys do as well.

I think you need the USP to make up for lack of personality sizzle.

DevilDog

Well Greenie...according to THAT thinking all wands squirt, suck and go forward and backward.

I do believe there is a difference in wands.

DevilDog

Becker

Name
Becker
think I know more people who dislike it, more than like it.

Same holds true for the drimaster machine.

Ya think the dual 360 will capture more fans? LOL

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i dont like the rx, to heavy in and out all day, todd you might love it , but your the one crying bout your back, i own a 360 and used it a lot in apartments it was great, but it could be build better, and stronger the lock at the base on mine is worn out after less then 6 months

i dont use it much in houses, unless i have to use the porty then it,s great and gets a lot more water off the carpet then a standard wand
but it,s a good tool

Becker

Name
Becker
Ive owned the RX20 for like 6 years. Great tool.

I'm lucky or unlucky if I use it 2 times per month. So the weight is no big deal.

My avg job is light soil cleaning.

I paid my dues cleaning shit holes, and grease pit or trashed comm jobs. Oh yeah and countless late night jobs such as BlockBuster.

9-3 most days, m-f most days. Sure I work a few Sat, and sometimes later than 3.

I'm on track to do over 600 jobs this year, bills are paid and I'm living right. Err mostly right.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Seen one in action cleaning a friends rental he was moving into. took the guy 4 hours to clean the house.

I like my old rotovac. I only use it on thrashed carpets and anything upstairs that requires scrubbing. It only takes up 2 sf in the van and can be put in a corner. I just ran a 2" hose to the Y on the rotovac and it now sounds like a stair tool when you lift it up

CleanEvo

I've been told by someone who uses the original rotovac that they work well...especially on a nasty carpet. However 98.13% of residential carpet cleaning cleans up really well with a scrub wand, when using the right pre-spray and allowing enough dwell time.

Maybe some people feel that the rotary action of the 360 allows them to shorten that dwell time a little, although it seems to me that the set up and dealing with the power cord issue might negate that.

lance

It doesn't seem that the RV/360/RX20 crowd agitates before pulling that bad boy out. If you use a rotary or crb to scrub the carpets then a HI Flow wand is probably going to do what is needed.

An OP machine gives you options: use it to scrub in the PS and then rinse and clean with lots of flush OR post pad TL's after the flush to make them look just that much better.

Preparation breeds success. Once the dirt is separated from the fiber it isn't very hard to suck it up. That's why it's called carpet CLEANING.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Toddler (I had to bring that back...it was my favorite, who named you that?)

Todd
I think it's the size, it's easier to work around furniture in a home, compared to the RX-20.

I would agree it looks and feels like a toy in comparison, it lacks the polish of the RX.

But it actually handles easier than the Rx-20 and Rotary Drimaster, less torque.

Amazingly it cleans pretty good. I personally would rather have the Drimaster!
8)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I always agitate the carpet and let it dwell 10 minutes before rotovacing

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
For pure cleaning power my order of preference would be:

1. Original Rotovac
2. Prochem Powerglide
3. RX20
4. Rotovac 360
5. Rotary Drimaster

That does not take into account issues like weight, maneuverability, ergonomics, speed and versatility.

I could argue for or against any of them, but my favorite has to be the original RV.

Take care,
Lisa

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I heard a lot of good things about the powerglide. I have never even seen a picture of one though.

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Some of you guys are amazing....you want responses from owners/users of the tool and then crap all over their comments,like you're some all knowing authority! Give me a break..."demoed extensively" what the hell does that mean anyway? A couple of days,minutes.....?

Ok,you want some "real" feedback? I used to be a die-hard pre-agitate(with an rotary/then OP) rinse extract,post absorption guy.All the while using high ph products along with alot of spotting(pre&post),way too much time and dollar consuming.

Around April I bought a 360, used from a gentleman off of this forum's for sale section.I will say that I was super skeptical too say the least.

The weight; one reason it was attractive and un-attractive to me,I mean its lighter than my OP,which is lighter than my rotary,which is lighter than my cimex....how well could it possibly clean?

An extra cord?!!! I didn't know what to think...just another thing to get in my way.After a couple of cleanings I had it under control, as well as the solution and vac hoses.

About 2 or so months before getting the 360 I switched to an all natural cleaning line with excellent results which I attributed to the combo I mentioned earlier.

Fast forward to the present;since picking up the 360 I have yet to pull the OP off the van,while HWE cleaning,the glided wand sits and the my usage of spotters have dramatically reduced.The natural product line is great but most of all the cleanings have been tremendous,thanks to the flushing capabilities of the 360 :D

I clean a variety of types;lightly soiled to a the occasional;"what the hell are these people doing in here" kind of jobs...no worries.

I did nip a couple of ideas,regarding the set up and usage of the 360 from Fast Eddie,maybe his enthusiasm helped persuade me just a little :wink:

I have used a standard roto-vac back in the day when I was employed by someone else and I thought that the back and fourth only motion was lame as can be,maybe because of my back round with a rotary.

Patrick

Oh yeah....Mikey is a hack for not vacuuming every job :D

hogjowl

Idiot™
You can make any tool have a fan base, somehow ... I mean go back and look at all the positive posts about the Chemstractor.

I demo'd the 360 for a week, or two, and hated it. Mine came with the stainless steel shoes coverings and it skipped on some carpets, and it was too light for my taste. I got tired of having to deal with the cord and hoses. I don't know why they seemed to be in the way more than when I wand, but they simply did. And, the handle was too wide for me to be able to comfortably take it into walk-in closets.

Plus, it left the carpet wetter than my glided wand does.

DevilDog

Wow! I hope the HACKS that use it and say they do because it is LIGHTER are real proud of themselves.

"Ma'am, I am going to use a tool today called a RV 360. It cleans like shit but it is lighter and easier for me to haul around, plus it gets in and around things I should move but I am too f'n lazy to move. Hope you don't mind that what I am doing today is good for ME but really doesn't give YOU the quality you deserve."

Some of you people make me want to vomit. Upchuck all the disgusting bile that you produce.

This is about the CLIENT, not about your lazy fat ass that could care less about quality cleaning.

I haven't heard too much about how the RV360 cleans better....but wow, it is easier to move around....it is lighter.

You know what.... B F D.

Some of you should quit right now.

DevilDog

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Hey Dog,maybe your frustration/dislike for the tool has more to do with operator error than anything else.If you're referring to me as a hack,non content moving,blah blah blah....wake up and smell the crap you're shoveling dude.My dry times are around a 1 hour minus protectant.If my clients choose cleaning with content manipulation then I do it.
Most people are uncomfortable with change because it is different,having to change a procedure is no big deal.Remember this dufuss; when you'er busy pointing a finger at someone else,there are three pointing back at you!

Just because you don't like something,doesn't mean everyone is inferior,..you flippin nut sack.

John Buxton

I have not tried a 360, but have had RV for several years. I hate the wheel, and the obvious overlap you have to do. Its also terrible drying, and you have to wand after.

It does clean trashed traffic lanes very well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom