Car dealership tile and grout ?????

jr27488

Have a tile and grout job in a car dealership. grout and tile covered in nasty (what i thought was plain) dirt. turns out all of the above in tile cleaners just bearly budges this black stuff. yes i tried degreasers and no go. must be asphalt (tar) the only thing that budges this stuff is stright up citra quick. any other ideas so i dont spend $200 in citrus.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
<Removed Stupid Comment>

Stripper sounds better.....

srrry guys

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Thinned down stripper will work, most any degreaser will work if you use a green pad. I ALWAYS have them move all vehicles from showroom. You are also running into Armoral that they spray the tires down with.

jr27488

I did not use any stripper. Everything other tile cleaner i had including automotive degreasers. Purple max, mean green, prochem, dirt devil etc... i also used a rotary 175 with a black brush as well as a green pad. a bit better but not much better. I went back today and used 50/50 water and citra quick no go. just stright up citra quick and it did a pretty good job but not as good as i would like. they are very happy though. we will be doing another part of the dealer next week i will try some floor stripper. no barebones around here just lowes stuff or some spartan chems. how strong on the stripper? any advice would be great.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've used the combo of Prochem's Ultrapac Renovate and Acrylic floor stripper to remove wax on tile. Put enough down so it doesn't dry, and has plenty of time to dwell.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I used to clean a car dealership . We would mop down some purple power or high butyl degreaser pre scrub with 175 andf then extract with spinner, You wont get far with "designer" t&g cleaners.

Reactions: GCCLee

jr27488

I used to clean a car dealership . We would mop down some purple power or high butyl degreaser pre scrub with 175 andf then extract with spinner, You wont get far with "designer" t&g cleaners.

Puple power and 175 prescrub is exactly what we used and the stuff didnt even budge. the only thing that worked and did well was full strength citra quick. most likely it was tar from the black top. I ran out of citrus the first night and only got marginal results with anything less. we followed up a few nights later with more citra quick and that finished it up. i was just trying to find a more economical product, in the end though the fastest best working product is the more economical solution. time is money.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt

mcatt

Name
Mike
Sounds like the citrus is the best bet then. Hopefully you demo it first so you can charge accordingly?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom