Cargo trailers??

Name
John
Hey guys just signed up for this forum.... Was just curious if anyone uses cargo trailer for water damage?? Right now were hauling everything in cargo vans and box trucks won't fit in shop... So cargo trailer is our other option. I worry about winter time and traveling long distances to a job in freezing temps and dehus?? Anyway to heat a cargo trailer on the road?? Thank you for your time!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm in the cold and prefer box trucks over trailers personally.

This past Jan and Feb storms we were using 2 box trucks plus the vans and didn't have any issues picking up/taking equipment to and from jobs. You can always wrap them in heat/moving blankets if they're going to sit in the truck. Or take 2 1500 watt oil heaters and as soon as you get to the job turn them on, we did that when temps were below zero and way below than normal and it was fine.

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
John
Will keep tm in van and just use the trailer for equipment. Will have extreme extractor with vac PAC on trailer as well... Have the option to pull trailer with vans or a truck...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to have a WDR box truck that had a TM that was extractor only no water pump. It sat out all winter, we just made sure it was lubed after each use. Airmovers were loaded on the truck but when we needed to use it we added the dehumidifiers.

We also went the route of heaters when we didn't have enough room inside room for the trucks. Its a pain and expensive but it can be done with two heaters on two separate circuits. All you risk is a power outage but i think you're know when that happens. If its away from you there are some temperature alarms that can notify you should it drop too low.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom