Carpet Glue Removal?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Did a job yesterday with light berber. They had a 2 inch wide "pink" stripe which extended 8 of the 16 feet of the width of the room, where the carpet glue was apparently making its way to the top for some reason. Carpet installed 14 years ago looked really good after cleaning except for this "pink" stripe. Tried everything in the bag on 2" areas to try to find something to phase it with no luck. I told custy that I would pick your guys brains for a remedy and if I found one I would come back to work on it again.

This is my first big horse farm customer/want to be client so I would like to fix her problem? I believe other referrals are just waiting. This was also a Valued Client referral from a fellow BNI member.

Scott Rogers

who diagnosed this as carpet glue. I think the diagnosis is wrong. look for other sources.

did u snap a picture.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Actually it was me! I could certainly be mistaken. I did notice 2 other very small areas in the room that had this pink color. I thought this was from the carpet seem since it is perfectly 2" for 8 feet and stops as it goes underneath the bed and doesn't pick back up on the other side. I actually also considered that it might have been some sun bleaching since the room had rather large windows, but, I ruled it out since it was a perfect 2" for 8 feet. However thinking back this could still have been the culprit.

I did not have the camera with me, so no pictures.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Did it feel sticky?

Did you gently try some solvents (make sure no saturation to avoid delamination) to see if it removes some layers of the "glue"?

Normally a solvent will.

If not, as said above, it may not be the glue.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
They had floor vents. 2nd floor of a huge house so I would guess ta mate wood sub floors.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Then you're screwed. Nothing you can do to get it out because it is most likely a combination of the humidity under the carpet, from the vents, combined with ultraviolet rays from the windows reacting with the glue/gasses of the seams. The chemical reaction of these three elements caused the color change in the fiber.

Ask Forsythe is his alien friends have found a way to correct this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom