Carpet Retailer

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
My carpet retailer wants to give me his 2800 client mailing list. He has mentioned this before and would like a little cut $$$$. He told me to work something out. He said do whatever you can do. he is by far my best customer for getting work. Any ideas?

Golden Boy

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds like a great deal!

I'd ask him for a letter or at least a paragraph of recommendation to use in your marketing. That will add more value to the list.

Make him earn the money!

Josh Adler

I worked out a deal for 10%. we pay them quarterly after we run a report for there referral code. If we refer them a new customer they also give us 10%. the relationship works out great and it is now in my top 4 for ROI

robadkins

Either in addition or by itself you could offer to train the staff about cleaning. It has always amazed me how much information we have that people outside the industry don't have and need.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Should I send these potential customers a postcard or a letter informing them of my services?

Golden Boy

Scott

Waldo -

Right now they're his customers.

How about you draft a letter in his proxy and he signs it endorsing your services to his list?

You pay for mailing expenses and work out a referral program w/him. If you're charging enough you'll make good bank even with the referral fee.

You could pay 10% to YP and hope to get qualified leads, or you could draft a great endorsement and know you'll get great leads for that same 10% or so. Your choice.

This belongs in the Marketing and Development room, by the way.

Scott

Fred Homan

10% for me 10% for you sounds good....Is this a small or large rwith many stores? They might to go through a chain of command.....

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Have your deal include, that all new carpet and tile he sells and installs. To include a free carpet/tile cleaning in one year. He will just mark up the price of item(s) sold to include your cleanings. That way the customer thinks they are getting a free cleaning, thus a new customer added to your base.

Just give him your costs involved.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
A picture of the retailer himself, the store front or retailer's logo with his comments on how he highly recommends you.

A letter with an introductory offer wouldn't hurt either.

Fred Homan

In a situation like this with the retailer, what would be an acceptable price per sq ft for the retailer to add on? So it would be an attractive option for the consumer.

Help!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom