Cat Pee on the Seat of a Micro-fiber Recliner suggestions?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
My son's mom's cat has been peeing on the seat of her recliner. I think the little shit is mad that she got a rat dog. Anyway gave her a little mytee Tempo spotter and odocide to put on it the first time it did it. Well it has kept doing it and now it is BAD. I need to go take care of it and have an idea of what I am going to do but looking for ideas that I might not have thought about.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
You already know it may not be salvageable, but I would take it outside and flood the heck out of it with JJ's Quatalot. Then use a hose and try to flush it out. Extract what ever you can and the clean( like to afterspray with DD12). Force dry it from all sides. Good Luck

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Sorry John,

I've been looking for the cat pee silver bulluet Bullet myself

joe harper

Name
joe harper
John,

Use the HIGHEST PH product you have...

The cats urine contains a STICKY "urea" in the urine...
Until you can disolve the urea...You cannot remove the stain or ODOR..
Because the cat's survive on extreemely high PROTIEN diets... the urea will
penetrate & bond to anything it touches... :x

The best way to STOP the cat from marking is to sprinkle MOTH BALL "crystals"
in the chair...."The cat will not get near the chair again.. :!:"

They HATE the Smell.... :wink:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
John
The thing to remember it the quantity of deposits left. The first time it worked because there was so little. Now that that cat has been using it as a toilet it's going to be much harder.

I would still use the Odorcide, but increase the volume of the solution you're using.

If the first time you use a pint of ready to use, this time you may need a gallon. Allow it to penetrate through the foam and contact every where the urine did.

It's best to do on concrete or put down poly sheeting to keep the carpet from getting wet.

Let it dry and then HWE.

Other than replacing the batting and foam, this will give you you best chance at saving the recliner.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
LOL Good tips. My plan of attack is to use CTI's UPT to break down the urine salts clean and extract then soak with odorcide.
I was also thinking I would try to put plastic on the underside of the cushion and use the water claw but not sure if that would destroy the micro-fiber. This would be the last resort (If it will work)

The Moth Balls are a good Idea that I heard but had forgotten. Will have her do that until I can get up their with our rental trailer

mgibson

usually a small piece of lead in the cats ear will stop the cat from causing problems .. anything bigger than a .22 should do it

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
John, you shouldn't have any problem with the water claw and the microfiber as long as it is a polyester and its colorfast. use your urine solution and a claw and get as much of that urine out of there to start with. Then use a needle and inject the odorcide or whatever product you want to use until its completely saturated. Let it dwell and after about an hour or two, water claw it out. repeat this if necessary, but you don't want to get that subframe to wet if its got any plywood in it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Lee that was funny but I don't think I will tell her that. Lyman I am not sure I want another cleaner trying to fix this. This is a new one to me and I want to try it myself so I can give first hand advice if anyone ever comes to me and asks for help.

I thought about using a needle but with it being micro-fibre I wasn't sure I wanted to start poking holes in it or hit it with a spot claw. Not sure of how it will hold up. I will be sure not to soak the structure which is part of the reason for the plastic and using it to create a barried to suck against with the claw. I'll take pictures when I do this next weekend and report how it comes out.

P.S. for the cost of the chair versus fixing it I would probably tell anyone else to replace it but my Son's mom isn't in the financial situation to be throwing away furniture she just bought 9 months ago.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I had a similar situation for a customer. High PH prespray, scrub with horsehair brush and some shampoo, extract with strong acid rinse and air dry. Stick cushion, or whole chair in bag with ozone generator.

The best way to prevent this is a bullet and a shovel. 100% guaranteed!!!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I only offer the advice because I'vd had good success with that combo. I usually go to the seams and use a bit longer syringe to apply back to the area if I can. Other wise just keep topical saturationand claw work very effectively. Just remember to surface clean and groom afterwords.

We've done the enclose entire chair for three days trick as well with deoderizer and ozone fogged in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom