Cat pump ?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've got a 340 and was going to flip it around and drive it from the opposite side but the shaft doesn't come out both sides like my old 290 did. Can anyone fill me in on this? I'm trying to add a clutch to the system and in the current configuration there is no room for it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
your best bet is to get a hold of cat pump ans ask them..I am not sure if you can flop the shaft around or add a threw and threw shaft to it......

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The standard shaft is double ended. You can flip it also, since the case is symmetrical. It's just a matter of removing the bearing caps, the bearings and sliding the crankshaft out whilst manipulating the connecting rods to follw the crank journals as you are stepping it out. You simple reverse the process for assembly. Mind you, I've reversed a lot of cranks on new single ended crank pumps, just never have done a used pump. I wonder if the connecting rod wear-in would have any ramifications that might result in bearing contact due to mated unevenness.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
I have flipped a couple used cranks before. Never had a problem. But I remember both pumps being in very good condition crank and connecting rod wise. I just kept the same caps with the same rods and did the flip.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Thanks for the info guys. This pump is relatively new and in great shape so I think I'll try and swap it around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom