Caulking and quarter round conversation along with FB video

FredC

Village Idiot
keep it from expanding and contracting? Probably not. Hold up well over time? Probably not...........although maybe some of that extreme stretch might help

I say it won't stop expanding and contracting because the instructions for most of this stuff say to caulk the perimeter expansion in areas that may get moisture...

and as you've seen the expansion can actually buckle planks so it isn't likely the caulk is going to stop it

Mikey P

Administrator
keep it from expanding and contracting? Probably not. Hold up well over time? Probably not...........although maybe some of that extreme stretch might help

I say it won't stop expanding and contracting because the instructions for most of this stuff say to caulk the perimeter expansion in areas that may get moisture...

and as you've seen the expansion can actually buckle planks so it isn't likely the caulk is going to stop it
I can't read the label but if that siliconized latex caulk or anything but RYV, it's going to fail quickly when it's exposed to any sort of stress, movement and cleaning agents, it's also going to peel up due to his fat fingers spreading technique...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom