CDS and 4 to the door

TimP

Well I finally tried 4 to the door with my CDS 4.8. Rex let me borrow a 2 " y and I tried it on my job today. I first did a 150 ft run (50 ft 4 and 2 50's). At first I could definitely tell there was more air flowing at 150 ft than just 2" at 150 ft. When I started cleaning I noticed that the wand stuck to the carpet a little bit better or the same as a 100ft run. I cleaned out of the room and the hall some and pulled my run out the door and got rid of a 2" section and was running 100 ft. All I can say is wow the wand sure does stick to the ground a lot harder and the air flow is a good bit louder than even a 50" section. Keep in mind I run a hole glided greenhorn. As far as the HG meter at 150' with the greenhorn on it I was at around 8 HG and I'm usually around 12 to 13 running only 2" if memory serves me right I may make sure and test that fact later however.

At first I was thinking I wouldn't see much of an improvement especially after Greenie saying that he tried it on a CDS and it didn't do much for it. I can say that I was pleasantly surprised at the difference. Now keep in mind I run 1550+ rpms with my CDS and my lift is set really close to 15 hg instead of 1500 and 14 hg stock. I have a new tank seal installed just last week too. I don't think Rex will be getting his y back for a while now :shock: but I will say one thing 4 to the door is a pain with set up and tear down. I would want to run 2.5 for sure so that's my next purchase when I get some spare change I'll be getting it set up. I just thought I would try to settle the debate with the CDS and running bigger hose.

Rex Tyus

I am glad it went well for you. No hurry on the Y. Just remember to keep both sections even and straight. :wink:

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
You should see how a pair of 2.5s hooked to one do...

Umbilical at the Wye's are only 3 feet...

You could go longer but absolutely no need...

The 2.5 is the way to go...Proud,owner of Caesars King Butler...

Back
Top Bottom