Ceilings-Dry Them or Remove Them?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
IMG_0685_zpsc7ab353d.jpg

I was talking with Lockhart the other day about drying of wet cavities and we were comparing notes on what each does to dry them out. Depending on the integrity of the drywall or plaster pretty much dictates whether we will remove the ceiling or soffit or not.

If it’s not a large amount of water that passed through the ceiling we will dry the cavity without removal of the ceiling.While we can and sometimes will use injector tubes off the Injectidry or Omnidry wall cavity dryer cutting a larger hose and using minivent tubing or layflat ducting will get a larger volume of air in there creating faster drying.

Reactions: J Scott W

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We are a mitigation company and as such we always side with drying unless it goes against due diligence and overall situational experience.

We are doing one right now we we have a couple of hole in the ceiling that we are force drying one with a 1 hp centrifugal and the other with a xl dehumidifier. I will try and get pics of the job, as it is a real job and the photo above posted by that Chavez guy is all but a full blown photo shoot for his website I am sure.

Reactions: J Scott W

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Super Moderators everywhere - yet poor spelling persists. ......

:lol:

Sorry, just hoking around.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom