Challenge: JonDon Vs Bridgepoint Vs Dave yoakum?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Mikey already signed up for JonDon
Me I am pissed at JonDon so I signed up for 3 months of Bridgepoint
Dave Yoakum has the best market plan on the planet per him

Mikey when is your first mailing?
How Many homes?
Just your client list?
New people?

I will try and match mine as close as I can, mine will not go to existing clients at first. We should calculate calls and jobs and not $$$ since you charge like 5 times what I do.

danpauselius

Too many variables to attempt this with any reasonable conclusions. What if your headline sucks? What if Dave's is AWESOME. That alone will destroy your ability to judge the systems.

You'd have to run the same EXACT postcard and in very similar markets (ie Michigan and Mass. have very different economies right now).

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
well come up with the differentials. I would say ease of operation, mailing consistency, mailing lists, costs and response
For a tousand pieces I closely resemble mikes

Mikey P

Administrator
My Jon Don cards started to hit the mailboxes yesterday.

They sent me some samples to hand out. They are very nice cards, not as thick or glossy as the Yummybag cards but plenty good enough.

When I dropped some by my retailers today they loved them. They thought the design was huge improvement over the January card. I like them both personally.

I'll let you know in March how they pulled.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
How many cards do they have in their catalog. Out of the catalog at Bridgepoint I would say yours tops them all. The depth of the maarketing in the Bridgepoint program is great. What I might do is do both over 3 months and then compare.

The only thing that I would suggest at Bridgepoint right now is increase their catalog of designs and make it easier to design your own. I' ll let everyone know when the first mailinggoes out.

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont have an exact number on designs but it's a lot.

I just talked to the powers that be and they assured me that a thicker, glossier card will be used when production ramps up.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Everyone has an opinion here is mine.

I love post cards. I mail some every month to current customers. I just don't like shotgun advertising to get new clients.

My marketing can have the same impact and it saves on: buying the postcards+ stamps and it also helps to save the environment from all the cards that will go into the land fill.

"The only truly "green" way to advertise."

asupremeclean

Greg, I too am involved with Bridgepoint. The depth, as you said is great. The selection is as you say too. Having to do the design over the phone is a turn-off.

I was going to go with JD for this but I was excited to get started right away so I could get my client list updated and generate new leads B4 we get slammed in the spring. Then all I need to do is, hopefully, point and click during the summer months.

Mikey I do love your custy appreciation card. I will use that idea when I design my first 500 free postcards. No dog though. (If that is okay with you.)

3 months and I'll know whether I'll stick with BP or switch to JD based on your feedback Mikey.

That is all

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I only print on recycled paper with recycled ink and clean with a recycled truckmount

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
my postcard should be ready today. I opted to have it designed to suit my company rather than take a stock card.

asupremeclean

Greg Crowley said:
my postcard should be ready today. I opted to have it designed to suit my company rather than take a stock card.

How was the design process? I went with a stock card. It was, to say the least, VERY limited.
I will design the next one for sure.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I had to send it back for revisions but the process is pretty easy. I have a contact person who is very nice. Sometimes I can be a pain in the ass and she is holding up just fine.

asupremeclean

Yea I think we all can be pains in the asses at times but really we should be. This is our lively hood is it not? Besides those people should be trained to deal with us picky SOB's.

Glad to hear you got a good agent. I left a message for mine and never heard back from her. She's good with her emails though.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Bridgepoint is losing badly. I'm glad I didn't put any money on this.
Mine can't pull if they don't get done. I may impatient I sent the material for the card out last Weds and got a card that was not representative of the material I sent and then gave exact specifics about what i wanted and am still waiting for a call or email.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
8 hrs after e-mailing and calling still no response from bridgepoint. 8 days and still no postcard

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
done. I needed to rush a little but will update it next week. I just needed to get a mailing out. It is the 11.5 by 5.5 card

the mailing option is awesome

asupremeclean

Yes the mailing options are amazing. I am targeting high-end homes in the finer areas around here. Hitting small circles here and there. I kinda wish there was a tracking feature so i don't end up sending doubles. Right now it is up to me to track. Which I am doing in my head. Not to reliable.

I also did the Smart mail postcards that are connected to the website. I will let you know how those turn out. No choice of design but the cards have the persons name linked to the website so when they type in the website it welcomes them by name.

Also it sends a "warm" lead direct to my email, with their info, right when they visit the site. It sends you a "Hot" lead if they want you to contact them.
I am trying different types of cards in different areas to see how they pull. I will try to keep you posted.
In total I have sent out 1200 post cards so far. Not alot but trying to get a feel for it.

How many have you sent out Greg? Just curious.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Bridgepoint was late getting my cards out(I was over expecting)

I booked a total of 30 jobs off that mailing in a week(2500pcs) and from the jobs I have done I have gotten 4 immediate referrals(meaning same neighborhood est and booking right after jobs) so a total of 34 jobs...16 done for a total of about $2500 so far and another 2700 on the books.

I had 40 cards returned to me and I readdressed and sent them to the neighborhoods I am scheduled to work in and booked 3 more jobs at an estimated value of $500

I just ordered another 2500 to be mailed out Monday

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg,

I don't know your costs. But, I figured 2500 cards should cost at least $1500 for printing, designing and postage for the over sized postcards.

If you have a 20% margin for your service (which is good). You would need to bring in $7500.00 to break even.

That means that with this margin. The first $7500.00 of the hard work you are doing is going to pay bridgepoint and the Post Office. After expenses and you would be losing money. $2500 in the hole.

With a 33%margin you made $200.00 bucks. Or around 6 bucks a job.

Even with an incredible large margin of 40% you are making $35.00 per job.

Figure your real cost of doing business and evaluate if this marketing makes since(cents) for you.

Most companies don't realize the real cost of each service call.

Dave Yoakum

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
your numbers would be way off Dave and you do not take into account residual contact in the future that has a value.

usually i spend a $1,000 to bring in $6,000. That is a solid average. I use to sent out 30,000 mailers through a coupon group and now am doing postcards. My return on postcards have had a higher check average and more referrals. The key is to designate you mailing criteria

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I just know the numbers sound good at the surface. $ 1000 brings in $ 6000.

But, so far $ 1500 has brought in $5000 which after expenses may be showing little or no profit depending on your expenses.

A sole operator may be showing some profit. But,if you have carpet technicians doing the work for you and office staff and building this is a very difficult way to stay in business.

I believe the numbers for each marketing campaign needs to be calculated on it's own merits.

Because if your marketing numbers have to depend on sales in the future while you are going in the hole each month to pay for the marketing, your company won't be around in the future.

The yellow pages and other marketers have been using this fuzzy math to justifying paying for large ads month after month while the carpet cleaners can't hardly keep their heads above water or their businesses fail when the bill comes due in the winter.

Business down the road is hard to quantify.

Sure you may get some regular clients. But, many clients only clean when they move, sell their home, in an emergency, once every 7 years. Plus clients are lost when they die or move, the crapping dog dies, the spilling child grows up or they choose an other cleaner.

I just don't want newbies to fall into this common marketing trap to justify marketing they may not be able to afford.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
where do you get this $1,500 from? I have past the newbie test, I think. I billed over $140,000 last year most of which was in the second half. I have billed over $3,000 this week alone and have another $1,000 tonight and Saturday AM.

So I can buy a system from you that will automatically turn more than a 5*1 ROI and be able to make enough to live. All I have to do is design an ad? Lets hear it.

An the numbers I presented show $5700 on 2500 cards with an investment of less than $1,000. People always hang on to these also, so I expect a boom in april and march

How much did your system generate in the last 2 weeks. The system only not your other business. I didn't add my regular business not from my ad.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Greg,

I'm glad you are doing well.

I'm not knocking you.

Just trying to point out (mainly to the newbies) that marketing can easily return more money to the marketeers, than to the cleaner that is doing the hard work.

To arrive at the $1500 upfront cost.

2500 over-sized postcards @.18= 450.00
Postage @ .41=1025
Total $1475.00 without discounts.

For the smart cards you can add $250.00
Total= $1725.00

You know your numbers not me.

I'm just saying that, If the marketing cost was as high as $1725 many cleaners would have to preform $5125 in work (33%margin) for Bridgepoint and the Post Office before they can put a dime in their own pocket.

To put as much into your own pocket as you are giving to Bridgepoint and the Post Office you would have to bring in an other $5125 or $10,250.00 total.(With a 33% margin after expences.)

It's the bottom line that counts at the end of the month.

Even if my marketing was to only bring in $500.00 bucks in new business a week,( since it takes no money to implement) It would save you from having to make $3000.00 gross ( best scenario) just to pay off the marketing.

Instead of having to make $3500.00 I just need to make $500.00 to be at the same profit point.

Works for me and gives me more time to spend as I wish.

The bottom line explains why more marketing is going on-line or businesses are increasing ways to promote referral and previous client marketing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
it cost me about 23 cents a card to mail and 17 cents for printing minus the $250 extra per month for the promotion they were running.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Bridgepointdirect.com is officially the loser. It is sooo difficult to get anything done. I chalk my last mailing delays and problems to just starting to grow the. My second mailing never even went out and now since they took my money they are not returning all the unused portion and upcharging for the free services they offered. DO NOT DO THIS PROGRAM.

Have someone else do you postcard and have a different mailing service send them otherwise you will get horrendous customer service and if you do not push they will never get your order once they have your $$$$$$$$$$

I really tried with them and was so excited about the program but both attempts to direct market with them I had to buy additional marketing from other sources just to keep my marketing going. Now that $1,000 I quoted to Dave, after up charges is around $1,250 for 2500 postcards mailed

And to insult me he claimed I didn't place an order
Greg,

There was no order for you last week as you stated. It looked like a proof was sent out but the transaction was never completed.

Your account has been cancelled.

Thank you!!

Justin G. Warner | V.P. Operations

ph. 801-772-0618 fax 866-204-5207
and then I sent him the order and got this
I am not sure what happened to this order. It was never placed. I need to visit with Narissa about it, and she is out sick today.

Thank you!!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
my online complaint "complicates things" in terms of my refund. Whatever, I am glad I could do the service for all you supporing members.

Do not do this program and I guess he is a supporting member since he copied and pasted my post in the marketing room

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom