Charging price

brite n clean

This is probably a common question, but I'm really confused about pricing.
I just did a couples house, charged 20 cents a square ft moved a ton of furniture, cleaned 384 sq ft of carpet on 3 different levels cleaned 4 area rugs 11 steps and ended up with $133.40 in my pocket. We're new at this and way slow, and probably overly cautious as this gentleman said at the beginning he's never been happy with a cleaning job ( 9 in the last 9 yrs)
I'm thinking maybe 40 cents per sq ft would be more realistic, and $2.50 per stair. I did charge $10.00 per area rug which may have been high.
Thanks.

By the way he was happy with the job we did

Chads

Supportive Member
I'm not sure how your measuring your square feet don't measure just the traffic lanes be rough estimate always in your favor on small job but be fair about it I would charge at least 20 bucks for a 10 stair staircase. and always go out with a min. of like 50,60,80,90 bucks make it worth your while. I also on smaller jobs would do a min. and then charge like 20,25 for any extra rooms if your there its a easy upsale. hope this helps

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
after long you'll be filing chapter 11 with those prices :!:

measure wall-to-wall and price it at anything higher than 20¢

no need to tell the prospect what you are charging per sq.ft. just give them a total price.

you didn't say how long it took you but : if it took 4 hours then you might want to price per sq.ft. that would = $400.

thanx --- Derek.

diamond brian

Derek's wrong; you won't have the $ to file Ch. 11 at those prices.

I know you live in an economically depressed region, and I understand you're new at this. Still, you can't work for nothing.

Charge what the market will stand, not what other BB types tell you they're getting. Wanna know what the market will stand? Call your competitors.

steve r

moving furniture takes a lot of time for me so i charge extra for that. i was charging sq.ft. prices but found it hard to sell on the phone. i started doing room pricing empty or full of furniture same price(extra if i have to move any).i have a 200 sq. max. per room 600 total for $99. then i upsell furniture and protector or extra rooms. i close over 90% of calls cause i advertise my price so i dont have to sell on the phone just schedule appointment.
sometimes it takes me longer than i like if im doing multiple levels in a home but that is not the norm for me. if i can i just upsell protector or other services and that can even it out. while im here how would you like your car or couch cleaned too.
i think your pricing isnt too bad except for the furniture moving part, i think that is what did you in here. i can clean about 600 sq.ft. an hour most of the time. usually faster than that but thats probably my avg.
i look at every job and think about how long it might take and work for that goal.im usually pretty close if i keep my mouth shut but i like to talk to my customers while i work if their watching me so i go slower sometimes.

John Buxton

I charge .25 + additional $ for furniture moving. Stairs I just add 150 SF for easy figuring. You also have to add for the pita factor like the 3 levels you had to drag hoses up and down. Up your price, and then discount for not moving furniture. And sell protector, and upholstery.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
9 different cleaners in 9 years and NO ONE made him happy??
There's more than few good cleaners in Akron.
Makes me wonder how this dude makes his choices??

Now, lemmie see if i got this right...
you cleaned 3 rms (on three different levels) 4 area rugs and steps.

AND moved a ton a furniture???

all for a buck thirty-three?
And if you hadn't of done 4 area rugs for a saw buck a pop,(which you "think" you might of over charged) you would of grossed $93.

AND you're "way slow"??

got to raise prices or boost production while delivering a decent job.

Gene, give me call, we'll have lunch.
(I'll buy)
We do a little work in Akron, but i don't solicit for work there, so we're not in competition.
i might be able to help you out
cell 330-730-6485

..L.T.A.

Rex Tyus

I wish I lived close enough to Uncle Larry to have lunch (especially if he was buying). Gene I would certainly take him up on that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom