Cheap Bissel beats Dyson

A while back I posted about the $40.00 Bissel Powerforce. Well, Consumer Reports did rate the Dyson better in overall quality. The Price is $400 for the Dyson. But, here is the kicker. If you look at the individual scores, when you clean carpet. My Bissel out performs all 3 Dyson models. Consumer Reports says, The Cleaning Carpet Test showed how much embedded talc and sand a vacuum cleaner lifted from a medium pile carpet. The cheap vac outperformed this best seller! This info is found in the 2007 Consumer Report Buyers Guide, page 328. So lets see, we are carpet cleaners #1. Should we not buy the best vac, in this case Consumer Reports rates a cheap model better then the Industry leader. I know there is alot of people who love their Dyson. But I'm spending my money with Bissel. I can get 10 for the price of 1. Extra Info, Thanks Ron

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
We have a Bissel on each truck. They work great and when they breack down you throw them away and get another for $49.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I think the bissel vacs great, however the outside of the thing gets caked with dust, the clear plastic the holds the dirt always looks bad, I just don't like working with something I have to spend 10 mins cleaning just to have it presentable to bring into the house, I am gonna look at a sanitare next

Mikey P

Administrator
In our vacuum testing at MF the Bissle and the Sanitaire were the clear winners.

Steve's comments hold true though, it is a poorly made, leaky thing.

It's the tightness of the belt and the design and stiffness of the brush roll that makes it work so well.

If only the Sani's had a better, tighter belt design. When the rubber is new it can't be beat but it doesn't take long for the rubber to stretch out.
Keep plenty of spares on hand.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
The Bissell does work darn well. I can't stand the constant maintenance on the thing though. I'd rather take the Dyson into the home. It nearly always gets talked about and it does a great job.

Back
Top Bottom