Check out this vacuum demo. I was shocked.

I cleaned this rug back in the fall and agreed to store it until I could get it back to the customer who lives three hours from me. She was in no hurry. I am planning a fishing trip and will drop the rug off. This was the dirtiest rug I have ever seen. You could just look at it and dust would fly up and hit you in the face. I air dusted it for thirty minutes, vacuumed it, pit washed it, and dried it out. I wanted to vacuum it one more time before I took it back.

I picked up this used Kenmore for 20 dollars at the goodwill. Nothing was wrong except the brush roll needed cleaning. I have another Kenmore that I use to vacuum my house. I have been vacuuming my carpet daily for the past few months and really do a good job each time. I ran the new Kenmore around and could not get the dirt sensor light to come on one time. That tells me there isn’t one speck of dirt in my carpet.

So I start to vacuum this rug and the light is popping on constantly. I figured there might be some soil in it but this thing was plumb full of dirt. I spent 45 minutes tonight vacuuming the rug, rolled it back up, wrapped it, and plan on taking it back this weekend. The rug is as clean as I am going to get it and is about 10 pounds lighter as well. The dirt I vacuumed out was so fine you would have missed it unless you had a dirt sensor.

I haven’t cleaned my carpet in a year. I plan on doing that later this month. Am I going to use citrus pro, power strike, power burst, ultra pac, or any butyl containing product on my carpet? I am definitely not going to apply protector or use any butyl product in my carpet. I am going to use a light mixture of redline or axiom prespray and rinse with a very light mixture of all fiber rinse, post pad, and speed dry. Cleaning for a customer is one thing, but cleaning my own carpet really makes you think about what you are putting down.

i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGlZCZ_n0Ii]

i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP0q01Qbwlsi]

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
Cleaning for a customer is one thing, but cleaning my own carpet really makes you think about what you are putting down.

There is nothing wrong with encapping a customers carpet, but do you really want your carpet full of polymer.

Dan, forgive me, but I'm having a hard time understanding your logic ..or maybe ethics.

If I understand what you're saying, it's fine to give the custy any ole crap that you wouldn't use yourself?

BTW, are there any all purpose cleaners in your home?
Fantastic, 409, Spic 'N Span, Simple green, Mean Green?
any all purpose cleaners in your home?
Ever look at the ingredients or MSDS on 'em?

any toilet bowl or tub and shower cleaners ?

How 'bout some good ole Clorox beach...ever use that stuff for laundry whites?

..L.T.A.

meAt said:
danielc said:
Cleaning for a customer is one thing, but cleaning my own carpet really makes you think about what you are putting down.

There is nothing wrong with encapping a customers carpet, but do you really want your carpet full of polymer.

Dan, forgive me, but I'm having a hard time understanding your logic ..or maybe ethics.

If I understand what you're saying, it's fine to give the custy any ole crap that you wouldn't use yourself?

BTW, are there any all purpose cleaners in your home?
Fantastic, 409, Spic 'N Span, Simple green, Mean Green?
any all purpose cleaners in your home?
Ever look at the ingredients or MSDS on 'em?

any toilet bowl or tub and shower cleaners ?

How 'bout some good ole Clorox beach...ever use that stuff for laundry whites?

..L.T.A.

Larry I get what you are saying and I try to do the best job I can on every single job. I give my customers great service and use quality products. Thats why I am trying to use the safest products I can. I used to use any cleaner based on how well it cleaned. Then I started thinking when I cleaned my carpet do I really want to spray this citrus solvent in my carpet or how about this scotch guard? The point I am trying to make is less is more and we don't need nuclear presprays. I am currently running redline and a light mixture of all fiber rinse or axiom detergent.

I wanted some feedback on soap free from a performance perspective. I read some guys use it as a prespray and rinse. Any info would be appreciated. I could really use that product and market myself different and in a way that would bring in a ton of high end clients.

Check out this bass by the way. The fish looks small in the photo but I would guess it is close to 12 pounds.

IMAG02041.jpg

And for the record I have never one time encapped a carpet. I was referring to some who might encap a rental etc. I would never encap my carpet or a customers carpet unless it was cgd but never a residential nylon pile carpet. So yes I was shocked when the guy on this board said he encapped his living room carpet. I thought "why would you do that."

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
Check out this bass by the way. The fish looks small in the photo but I would guess it is close to 12 pounds.

IMAG02041.jpg

i love them bucketmouths, Dan
I was a bass fanatic for a lot of years

..L.T.A.

I just looked at my sample of Redline and there is no butyl in it but it is not green either.

Soap Free just says this product contains no hazardous ingredients.

Any info on soap free would be appreciated.

I have a sample of the powder and I am looking at the contents for redline and there is no butyl. It is not a green product by any stretch but it also cleans great and is almost completely odor free.

I am still waiting on some comments on soap free. I read some harsh things about it.

Able 1

Name
Keith
This has came up before... Dan, I use the same products for my carpets as I will my custys why wouldn't I? I believe my prespray is compleatly rinsed out after extracting the carpet (and if not is like one part per 1000 parts water). If you are going to use a "green cleaning agent" for yourself so your not breathing a nasty prespray every day, good for you. I really don't know where you stand since you use stuff that makes you choke on resturants, yet you won't use ultra pack on your own house?

What do you wash you clothes with?

I guess I lost my focus for a minute. I am not going to worry about butyl. I am just going to use the best product for the job. I keep several chems on my truck and they all serve a specific purpose.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
danielc said:
So I start to vacuum this rug and the light is popping on constantly. I figured there might be some soil in it but this thing was plumb full of dirt. I spent 45 minutes tonight vacuuming the rug, rolled it back up, wrapped it, and plan on taking it back this weekend. The rug is as clean as I am going to get it and is about 10 pounds lighter as well. The dirt I vacuumed out was so fine you would have missed it unless you had a dirt sensor.

Or if you had a clear canister. Not surprising Dan, get that all the time, esp from a wool rug.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
I guess I lost my focus for a minute. I am not going to worry about butyl. I am just going to use the best product for the job. I keep several chems on my truck and they all serve a specific purpose.

I'm curious on what changed your mind from what you were using, to what you are using now?

This is from the Orangeforce123 topic back in January.

danielc said:
steve frasier said:
you were using powerburst on residentail as your normal prespray :?:

Yes two scoops of pb and two scoops or ps in my hydrocorce has been my go to prespray and it cleans everything. I have used it for four years with no problems. This limits the chems I need to carry. I also use ultrapac and express lane from time to time. I just started using sodium p in my prespray and am not sold on it yet. It works great as a spotter but as a booster I think regular peroxide might be better. If I am cleaning stain resistant carpet then I just hit the spots with a spotter and run Slurry mixed at half dilution. I rarely run into stain resistant carpet though.

Farenheit251

Spot Shot aerosol spotter that so many health concious consumers buy at Home Depot and Sams club is something like 50% Butyl and used straight. Red Line and many others are under 5% then diluted 50-100 times. You got to keep things in perspective.

rick imby

Name
Rick
I can not imagine having a different standard for the chemicals I use on a customer's carpet compared to what I do on my own house.

I have a real problem with those Ethics.

I would admit I might use harsher chems on Rat Nasties because I want to get them clean but I would never think of having a completely different regiment for customers vs my own house.

If the chems are not good enough to use in my house they are not useable in my customers house either.

Rick

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. Ronald Reagan

How do I get the best Deal on Tracfone Minutes?

Verizon Prepaid Text Bundles

Can I use my AT&T phone with Tracfone Service?

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And to add to the above,

If anything I think most cleaners would rather do their testing on their own homes with newer chemicals before taking them into a clients home. We have the advantage of being able to clean at our own will if we run into a problem where the chems are giving us a reaction. However, our customers may not associate the problems they are having with the chems we are using if we only visit once.

So the guy who said he encapped his living room carpet, I believe it was also in reference to trying it out before he did a rental.

You also mention you don't like Scotchgard or any other chemicals in your home yet as long as a protector is doing what its designed to do. When its cured its no more harmful than polyurethane on a wood floor, and its helping you and your customers keep your carpets cleaner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom