cheetah pads.... Well

Name
Ron lippold
Im on the fence. they are ok i used the 4 steps and but then finished with the last two steps of monkey pads worked sat and sunday used the small ones in a shower, also did three rooms of carpet. 6977.22. Ill work every weekend for that..... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

SamichUSA

Ron Lippold said:
Im on the fence. they are ok i used the 4 steps and but then finished with the last two steps of monkey pads worked sat and sunday used the small ones in a shower, also did three rooms of carpet. 6977.22. Ill work every weekend for that..... shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

There has been a log of buz on these pads lately. I am curious about them.

I am a stone restoration professional and, though I have tried many products like Cheetah pads, I have not yet been persuaded to give up my standard diamond tools.

I would really appreciate it if you could provide a little more detail on the job you completed with these pads.
-Approximate SF of the floor
-How long it took you to complete the 6 steps

In most cases I am able to complete 400-500sf/day of stone refinishing using traditional restorations methods with just 4 steps in most cases.

I have talked to the company, spoke with sales people but I would appreciate some real work feed back regarding production rates etc.

Thank you

-Josh Huseby

Name
Ron lippold
sure Josh. This was right about 2000 sq ft. It seems to me that the first step is the most important. The following steps are easier. We had about 20 man hours on the job. This floor had real bad lippage which the client did not want to fix. It was hard on both sets of pads. While its not the perfect way to do a floor, it did do exactly what the customer wanted.

It seems to me that if the floor is flat the cheetahs would work bettter. Im just glad i had a bunch of old monkey pads that finished the job off real nice.
By the way the 20 hours included the shower and some carpet...

SamichUSA

Ron Lippold said:
sure Josh. This was right about 2000 sq ft. It seems to me that the first step is the most important. The following steps are easier. We had about 20 man hours on the job. This floor had real bad lippage which the client did not want to fix. It was hard on both sets of pads. While its not the perfect way to do a floor, it did do exactly what the customer wanted.

It seems to me that if the floor is flat the cheetahs would work bettter. Im just glad i had a bunch of old monkey pads that finished the job off real nice.
By the way the 20 hours included the shower and some carpet...

I have had similar experiences with similar product. If the floor is flat they work a lot better.

If you don't mind me asking - of the 2000sf how much was stone? What type of stone? And how long did you spend only on the stone?

I ask because one of the sales arguments for these products is that they save time, mess and are easier to use than more traditional methods. I know cost and production rates of traditional methods and I would really like to compare that to your experience with these pads.

When you get a chance - let me know.

Thank you

-Josh Huseby

Back
Top Bottom