Cheetah pads

Name
Ron lippold
Has anyone used them. I have a big job tomorrow.Ups at 730 i cantwait to use them. Tell me what to expect.

S

Stingray

Ron,

What type of stone are you working on?
What shape is the floor in?
What has been done to the floor in the past?

postaldave

I did UPS store last week. I En-cap it. then the following steam cleaned ita week later. If I were to do it all over again Ide 1st steam clean it ,then come back in a week and En-Cap it . They will wick on you so be pre-paired. Run some speed dryers. Oh and by the way they were very Pleased.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Ron;

The Cheetah pads have worked well in some stone jobs.

On other jobs the 3.5" Diamond pads have worked better.

I think softer stones have had better results for the Cheetahs.

Larry

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Bring your monkeys in case things go south and you can't bring the shine back up. Actually a polish powder would be better.

As much as I tried, I couldn't get the cheetahs to work. Dana's a great guy as I talked to him in length trying to figure it out. He says most of the people with problems are the stone guys. I believe it. For me, good ol diamond abrasives are much more predictable.

albert

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I see Ray is here. He has a tile in his store that he did with the small cheetahs on the hand held machine. I'll say it was pretty impressive. There may be something to those smaller ones. Ray, did you increase the rpm of the makita as you went up in grits?

Albert

S

Stingray

Albert,

The tile that is in my store was done with a Makita. I have acheived the same results with a floor machine on the floor. It just takes more time. Adding weights to the machine speeds up the process. Step 5 (11000) grit will increase the gloss above the factory shine. The most time consuming is step 1. It is used to take out scratches. Once the scratches are removed steps 2-5 work faster as you go up in grits. Most customers don't want the mirror shine so we stop at step 4.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom