Chem Dry and urine damage

Name
Scott
I understand Chem Dry is a franchise and has different owners along with the fact that they have lots of employees. This is why I stepped out of the customers home and called the owner to say hey, I have employees and things go bad some times and instead of bashing you lets work together to make this customer happy. I have great relationships with a lot of my competition and get work from them when they are too busy and I give work to them if I get a call that I can not get too. Anyways, I figured telling him about dumping the inline filter basket trash in her planter would be enough to get him to come out. Instead he just wanted to argue about urine stains dont come out and he doubts the carpet was wet for 4 days. I told him I remove urine stains all the time and even removed a couple when there. Some of the discoloration was browning from the carpets being wet for 4 days and would come out with an acid rinse. When he wanted to challenge me I had to take him up on it. The customer took some before and after pictures of some urine spots I removed for her for free. The owner came out the next morning, said for sure his tech messed up and he would make it right. He told her my bid of $300 for cleaning and pet restoration was very high and the the client showed him she was charged $400 by them. The customer said he got a call from another customer with a complaint about the same tech while he was standing in her home. He told her it was going to be a long day and is reimbursing her $168 on her cleaning now. So the customer gets some money back, we are giving her a big discount so she wont have to come out of pocket much more money for the cleaning she already paid for, we get a life long customer, Chem Dry owner steps in and tries to make it right which shows good on their part, so everyone wins. I had 7 employees with my last company and more while running restoration jobs and realize sometimes your tech is going to get lazy or drop the ball and that can kill your company. I am not the guy that will stand in the customers home and bash Chem Dry to her, instead I offered assistance to her to try to see if I can inform him of what happened, professional to professional, since sometimes that goes over better than angry customer to business owner. I figured since we are all professionals here I could see everyone else's input on PURT. I could have left Chem Dry out but everyone knows it is Chem Dry's product. Not sure how the alkaline spotter neutralizes urine after urine changes to alklaine state. Like I said I can see it being great for use by the customer right after they catch the accidents. Maybe someone has some better input as to how it works. I have had problems with some urine stains not coming out, usually the really dark ones but 9 times out of 10 I have had success removing urine stains with urine stain remover for stain magic covered with plastic on the difficult ones.

Name
Scott
What is troubling, is the fact that so many carpet cleaners out there simply will promise big and guaranteed odor removal with the idea of spraying it down and wand it out....and its done. If the odor is still there then they tell customers "well yeah..we only guarantee the carpet cleanliness not what's below it so if you want that taken care of we need to do more and charge a heck of a lot more."

Most of the time they hit it with hot water reactivating it and then spray some deodorizer on their way out the door. Once the deo wears off the urine is still off gassing. I see it all the time and am there with you at being an advocate for them and helping them understand the costs, risks, and whether or not replacing is a better option.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Doug, simple answer is: You can't.

This being the top dog internet CC board, people seem to have 100% success, every day, all day, 365. Including, yet not limited to holidays.

It's a mind boggler :winky:

Well yah duh!

Doug it depends what they want and expect.

Ill lift a carpet back pull and replace pad in some disasters. If I see a larger piss spot and they want surface treatment only ill claw it.

There is never 100% guarantee

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I alway tell people if its hammered your first loss is your best loss, replace it then you'll get a 100 percent guarantee. But they better treat the subfloor too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom