chemical feed for boxxer 421

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Mine stopped working. There was a slight crack in the 3 way valve-(prime off on). So i replaced it.

I disconnected the line from the exit side of the chemical pump and it just dribbles. But when hook everything up and put it on prime it primes and i can see fluid going from the chemical tank to the pump.

Also when its disconnected and i turn the valve to on water shoots out coming from main exit line going to wand just behind the panel at the elbow where the last step chemical injection is supposed to be going INTO not OUT OF but there is no check valve stopping it from flowing the wrong way that i can see. (theres a big check valve before the elbow)

That means water pressure is constantly going to the 3way that cant be right.

So anyway i dont understand this at all. What tells the chemical pump to start working when theres no valve or switch except a 3 way AFTER the pump.

If anyone is bored and would like to make me feel dumb-585-993-0276 I can call you back if you want to save phone bill.

Magic One

Rebuild the whole chemical last step. o-rings, black rubber and the plastic parts. Forge what they call them.Diaghm(black)

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I agree, just rebuild everything. You already bought the most expensive part. You can get the clear hoses at Lowe's. It is easy to do.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
make sure that you pay attention to the direction the check valves. it's an easy mistake to put them in wrong. i have a picture of the correct set-up but i'm to lazy to look for it. i'm sure someone has it at hand. the line from the pump goes to the middle of the three way. the prime just lays in the bucket and should have a solid flow when 3 way turned to prime. the other line goes to your flow gauge on the bottom and the top go to the bucket, it should have a filter on the end. nothing should flow anywhere unless set to prime or running solution line. If you have a constant flow you have a hole in the diaphragm . it will cause the pickup line to flow in reverse. i'm tired so i hope i did this right.

gene

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
yep it was just the rubber diaphragm in the chemical pump. Also had a little leak at the meter where i didnt tighten enough.

For anyone new just disconnect the line from the enter side of the pump that comes from the meter and blow thru it, that will reveal any leaks.

I didnt explain it well but when you disconnect line between 3way and solution line exiting machine, water comes out from solution line heading toward 3way. I havent checked but must be when you open up valve on wand and flow water thru it allows chemical into system. I didnt understand that at first.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hummm i need to buy a diaphragm for mine to i think... i dont use it a ton....hell i thought of selling the one on there now......i just need to see a better picture of how Les does it.....

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I guess they swell or something. Cant go by looks. If you push on it with your thumb while its in one half of the pump you should hear the suction sound. My old one didnt do nuthn

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom