Chemicals

N

NJ104

For the last year I have been using either of the three prespray: Matrix Grand slam Sc ; Grease Eraser; or Matirx Olefin traffic lane cleaner, follow by Matrix fiber rince; and sometimes on a occasion Matrix Finish First. What I am wondering is what else is there that I can use I would love the brilliant minds of mikeys board to help me get more aware of the chemicals side of carpet cleaning. I took a IICRC class 1 Year and half ago but in the class there seemed to be not much talk about different chemicals.

Thank You for your time

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Jeff Cross has a great spot removal class. Bane clean also has some good information on their site about cleaning chemistry. You don’t have to be a chemist to clean carpets, but it helps to be able at least know which category of chemical will give the desired result (PH, oxidizers, reducers, solvents, enzymes).
BTW, Grand Slam sucks. Try some bio-break or redline for a satin resistant safe pre-spray.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
ACE said:
but it helps to be able at least know which category of chemical will give the desired result (PH, oxidizers, reduces, solvents, enzymes).

Learning the categories is a great place to start.

You will get a lot of different opinions. Some guys swear by the same juice that another guy says sucks. I would recommend trying all the more popular ones yourself, and draw your own conclusions. Personally, I am using a batch of Cobbs right now, and it kicks ass, and it seems to be one of the board favorites, so I would give it a whirl next if I was you, since Cobbs contains an OXIDIZER, ENZYMES, and a SOLVENT. If you understand where each is effective, you will understand the benefit of a prespray that contains all 3.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
everyone has their own opinion..and it really depends on what you clean. I do a LOT of natural fiber..like 80 % of the time. I use any pre spray thats like around 8 or 9..i throw a cap full of citrus and then a shot of prochem enzyme rescue which is about neutral..that's my pre pray..then i rinse with Chemspec's Liquid One Clean..
This is obviously a stay in the safe zone method..but shit gets clean with relatively no muscle work..and keeps me from buying anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom