Chemspec, Prochem, Hydramaster, Pro's Choice, Harvard, Interlink

Mikey P

Administrator
Do all the big boys have a green/eco friendly line of cleaning solutions?

Is it unreasonable to ask them to use them on the Browns Center For Autism in Nashville?

Ivan @ Procyon makes a point that is hard to argue with here..

AutismCenter: The kids run around with out shoes and socks. Toxic residues absorb in to the bottoms of their feet absorbs in to their blood attacks their brain
and attacks their neurological. I know that I am a little over the top but if I am not over the top, "who is"! Take a clove of garlic cut it in half rub the garlic on the bottom of your foot then put your sock on. The next day you will taste the garlic in your mouth. The kids play with blocks that are on the floor there hands are open and placed on the floor they put blocks, toys and their hands in their mouth. We need to do the right thing!

Personally I would use Procyon or One Earth on a job like this w/ a fresh water rinse.

Opinions?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Sorry Laura, the product may be great.....
But how can you trust a product that advertises with a CC like this:

img_0776.jpg

Man!
It is so wrong in so many ways :winky:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
With today's guidelines on our pre sprays, things should be in the green as long as there's no butyl's or delimonene (did I spell that right) etc. Plus, there's professionals doing the cleaning, not a bunch of rug doctor cleaners out there.

Even IF those ingredients were in our pre spray, they're only dangerous when breathed in the air. After we do our Hot Water Extraction, the minimum amount that might be in the carpet will be no harm.

Keep in mind that most of these kids that are going to this clinic, probably live in a carpeted house with neglected carpet that is showered in all kinds of bacteria. We clean that carpet all the time in the rentals that we get calls on.

I don't mean to be pushy on this, but it seems like we're being told we don't know how to clean carpet properly. Tell me to back off if I'm in the wrong, and I will.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The products work have worked great for us. Although we don't make a habit of cleaning trashed sh*t holes. :winky:

Reactions: laura@legendbrands

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have used many so called "green products" mainly for my own health. After all, who has the greater exposure, the customer who gets their carpet cleaned once or twice a year or the cleaner who is exposed to it daily? I have settled on Procyon as my main cleaning agent, as not only does it claim to be green but has the certification to back it up. Plus it works extremely well, no pun intended. I don't doubt that there other good green cleaners out there but the Procyon has just too many things going for it for me to change now.

Bryan Thomson

Supportive Member
Name
Bryan Thomson
Mike I'll bring the Chemspec "One Earth" carpet pre spray which is certified green DFE and Eco Logo labeled which are both accepted as "Green".....I can also use Versatile step 1 powder for the restrooms which is a DFC.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am sure he's doing it the right way Laura. Boy scout actually seem to be a cleaning paragon of sorts.

And the last thing PC wants is having my picture associated with any cleaning related product. It will demolish sales.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think its a great idea.

IN fact maybe you should give away a prize to the cleaner with the best photo.

You could give away some chemical or possibly a tool.

An Everest comes to mind. Yeah an Everest would make an excellent prize. :winky:

Jussst trying to help! :biggrin:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

laura@legendbrands

Whipper Snapper
Name
Laura O
Is the group cleaning the entire facility @Mikey P? I assume it is closed on the weekends? Is there a floorplan / breakdown as to who is cleaning what area(s)?

All of us are willing to supply chemicals but @doylebloss brought up a great point (on FB) about all the different products / fragrances being of concern.
Not saying the group should only use one brand, but it would be good to have a game plan. And maybe there is an I just missed it on another thread! If so, just ignore me or tell me to hush up! :)

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Do all the big boys have a green/eco friendly line of cleaning solutions?

Is it unreasonable to ask them to use them on the Browns Center For Autism in Nashville?

Ivan @ Procyon makes a point that is hard to argue with here..

Personally I would use Procyon or One Earth on a job like this w/ a fresh water rinse.

Opinions?

@laura@prochem
Looks like Mike wants you guys to use the green stuff the less stinky stuff

Tom Forsythe

We have Green Balance Prespray and Green Balance Extraction Rinse approved by Green Seal and our own manufacturing standard Green Balance. We have Green Balance Neutralizing Rinse approved by EPA DfE and Green Balance. There is no fragrance in any of these products, but that does not mean that there is no odor. Most "Green " product do not have a fragrance as few fragrances have been approved to meet Third party standards. Even if the fragrance is approved they limit the level of fragrances so the idea of competing fragrances after drying is probably not a major concern. Let Scott Warrington or Jared Twitchell know if you want any of these products.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well I can't ignore you....I've tried. LOL

But it doesn't bother me to tell ya to hush up. :winky:

J/K
Please no sad cat pic's. :eekk:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I am not familiar with any detergent and or pre-spray by Prochem that does not have a strong scent.
Been harassing them for years about their obnoxiously scented products (spinster I think is their favorite scent) with no response.

Good thing that some companies stepped up and introduced fragrance free products-
  • Procyon, of course always did- A leader in that regard. Lets give kudos where they belong
  • Chemspec/Sapphire have the one earth line, or DFC 105 & 210
  • Jon Don their version
  • (and which company does Mr. Forsythe represent?)

Nice to deal with responsive companies.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I am not familiar with any detergent and or pre-spray by Prochem that does not have a strong scent.
Been harassing them for years about their obnoxiously scented products (spinster I think is their favorite scent) with no response.

Good thing that some companies stepped up and introduced fragrance free products-
  • Procyon, of course always did- A leader in that regard. Lets give kudos where they belong
  • Chemspec/Sapphire have the one earth line, or DFC 105 & 210
  • Jon Don their version
  • (and which company does Mr. Forsythe represent?)

Nice to deal with responsive companies.

Tom Forsythe is chemist / formulator for Bridgepoint brand and several other lines as well.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You know @Ofer Kolton prochem has had Oxy plus which doesn't have a fragrance it's just sodium per carbonate. Which a lot of theses green products are based off of. Still kind of expensive to use that way but it could work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom