Chemtex slide in- Good or stay away?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What is the general wisdom here, regarding ChemTex slide ins.

Are they good or run away as quickly as possible?

They have the Panthers and Powermax.

Your input and advice is appreciated.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Let me be the first to tell you STAY AWAY. I have owned the 15hp and 20hp. The real problem with the units is the way the regulate heat. They use water bypass instead of exhaust diverters. The machines themselves often cannot bypass enough water, so you have to use a bypass at the wand if you stop cleaning. The machines can melt down in about two minutes. If money is an issue find a used direct drive.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Lots of similar machines made in Texas.....

Chemtex has run the back cover ad for over a decade in Cleanfax, yet they don't have any cheerleaders on the boards

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Thanks for the answers, I appreciate it.

I'll stay away from ChemTex.

No, money is not the issue. More like finding someone local to service a slide in when I need it.

I truly believe in you get what you pay for. In the long run a machine you paid a few thousands extra at the time of purchase and lasts a long time and has fewer problems more than pays for itself.

Trying to avoid driving over 6 hours to Houston or Dallas just for repairs.

Considering a Judson, Prochem Apex. Or any other high quality machine. Would prefer a quieter machine. (not interested in a power take off- CDS or Butler etc.)

Lee, which good machines are made in Texas?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Every time I did, (to be honest only twice) I got someone with a used car salesmen mentality.

Did not instill much of a confidence in the operation in me.

Maybe I should insist on talking to him.

randy

Name
Randy
If you are in California buy from a distributor in California that has a service department OR at least buy a machine used that someone close to home sells & services. Whatever you save buying some oddball unit from Texas you will spend 10 times over in heartache and down time/ repair hassles.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
just get a judson ...if you cant fix it your a retard....and a call to les and he can talk you through any repair

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
cu said:
just get a judson ...if you cant fix it your a retard....and a call to les and he can talk you through any repair
Hey, wannabe how many times do I need explain the difference between mechanically challenged and retard.

And what if I can fix it and am a retard?
Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Carpet cleaning by retard.
Hmm......sounds like we are up to something.

Counting on you to join us and be our lead retard.

G

I once bought a used Chem-Tex Panther15 and used it for about 5 years. (If I remember right) I replaced the pump once, the coupler once, and the chem inject 4 times. I didn't have a lot of problems with customer service; I called them and they answered the phone, I told them what I was dealing with and asked my questions and they answered my questions, I ordered what I needed and they sent it out to me right away.

The main problem I had with the machine was that it was way underpowered for what I needed and everything seemed too hard to get to in order to perform maintenance. You just about had to stand on your head to get to the pump!

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
yea I had no overheating Issues with the 15 and more under heating issues. We used to hook up to hot water at Restaurants :roll: .

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
And the machines are F’n loud. The owner does not have a basic understanding of physics or chemistry. He told me there is no correlation between GMP and PSI.

Greenie

I wasn't gonna say anything, but I didn't want some newb to misinterpret Josh's comment. Just because a Co. answered their phone and gave reasonable support 10 years ago, does not mean it is so today. I did take notice of the Co. having the entire back page of CleanFax magazine for years....and you never see cheerleaders on the carpet forums.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I think a lot of guys buy them as a first TM because of the bright colors and shiny stainless, then dump 'em after a year for a decent mount.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom