Chenille

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I hope you have good insurance.. :|,

without knowing the basic fiber, I couldn't tell you.. I believe the Chenille in this case simply describes the type style name for this brand of rug company. It looks to me like a regular hand knotted or hand woven rug, can't tell if its piled or not and though I presume wool among other fibers, it doesn't mention whay type. How aobut a few good specifics such as piled or not piled rug, flatweave, picter of one of the backings, if it is indeed a woven piled rug and not a chenille flatwoven rug, then you can get a little more aggresive with it, but I presume you are trying to clean these in the home? correct?

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
It feels almost like a jean material and is very thin..you havent seen these things? they are all over the homes I go to. Runners etc..and one lady had a whole room of it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I cleaned one “chenille” area rug, off site luckily. I think it was a cotton / rayon blend. I had a heck of a time with it because of wicking /browning. They seem to generally be casuistic, very absorbent fiber which HWE may not be the best method for especially in an uncontrolled on-site environment.

O.P cleaning would be great. If you HWE, use an acid rinse, post pad speed dry with heat and dehu’s.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
chennile rugs are usually a flatweave . Very thin made of cotton or viscose . Pain in the ass to clean. I had a white one wool/ viscose from fibre works . super thin , jute back you could not really wet it without browning. I get on my knees and use a foam shampoo method. Fine fabric / boost anll and buff all worked great

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I would not go too high on the ph, also use an acid in your rinse because it could be a bleeder. Also go ttake an iicrc class on both carpet and upholstery. It will help with stuff like this plus your custys will see your new found knowledge and confidence....btw leave the exotic stuff alone till you get some training

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
lust1kiddo said:
It feels almost like a jean material and is very thin..you havent seen these things? they are all over the homes I go to. Runners etc..and one lady had a whole room of it.

You are in a unique area in that New Yorkers not only are trying to stay on the edge of fashion, they will also use almost every impracticle flooring known to man. Mostly in the case of these rugs, they are light and "pretty," and a lot easier for a person to take back to their high rise studios and get on and off the subway. Be thankful you haven't ran into some of the 50,000 Dollar Stark Woven Wiltons with hand sewn borders that are being installed wall to wall in some of the high end Manhattan MBRs. These wiltons are about as thin as the chenille rugs, and all to often made out of some really crazy fibers like bannana husk. We were showed some pictures in a class where the instructor was inspecting several of these because the first spill/stain about destroyed the carpet, let alone the attempt to clean it.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
yeah most of the time I just clean wool area rugs, I took a day and went out to take a class and will take another one soon. My confidence and commercial are sick so I don't know what the other gentleman is talking about. I'm in a tough climate with a lot of comp, and I am more than holding my own and am happy. This stuff is just crap and people pay a lot of money for it. I just happen to see it often and just kinda mist it and vacuum a little, it gets the top dirt off and people are happy. As long as I stay away from the edges with a lot of water, it wont curl up. It just feels like plastic so I was wondering if anyone else ran into it. Whatever, at 2.00 square foot I'm happy.

Thanks for the help guys,

Jarred

leesenter

I saw this stuff being made at Bloomsberg, PA. You could not tell it was chenille at first glance, let alone that the fiber was a viscose/linen blend. This mill makes a lot of the Stark stuff.
You had better be careful!!!
And the idea of OPing this stuff is absurd.

I guess New York has some fierce competition. Wow 25 dollars for carpet cleaning with a three person crew.

p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoCEc5B1M8Yp]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom