cherry picker

Name
Ron lippold
Do you cherry pick your jobs or are you a hack that will take anything......

whats your job adverage.

how much time per job

Mike Draper

I turn down jobs that wont pay me what we are asking. however, at times I come across sincere people who don't make enough to afford my service and would pay me my rate if they had the money, but they truly don't (its apparent). In this case I usually cut them a fantastic deal. We both go away winners. (referrals for me). Avg. res Job 289 / wont say on time, TMI for my competitors if they are watching.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm always watching you Mike!! :shock: :lol:

289 average job is great for Utah. Considering 95% of the carpet cleaners are charging $10.95-$35.00 per room. Even the guys that charge by the sq.ft. are averaging the middle to high range of that.

Bob Foster

I cherry pick the jobs I want. The ones that pay money that will net me at least $100 per hour. About the only jobs I won't do are ones that start after midnight and before 6AM.

When I get myself booked out a couple of weeks in advance all the time I will reconsider my options.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
If there money is green and will pay the price I ask I will be there. 243 average for the cod residential jobs. About 80 or 90 per hr time in to the shop to time out.
Al

I used to take every job or at least tried to. I was thinking about this today actually. If gas prices shot up over 5 dollars per gallon overnight, how would your business change? Would you charge more? Of course. What if customers cut back and I mean really cut back on discretionary spending? That is why I like having everything paid for and a nice emergency fund. Everybody needs to have a plan for the worst.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Ron Lippold said:
Do you cherry pick your jobs or are you a hack that will take anything......

started cherry picking big time by about year 6 -7 .
fired some jobs and was fired from others .
quit working nights and weekends (unless they were LARGE profit jobs) and coasted along on cruise control with modest growth til about year 9-10, then started getting stagnant (burnt out and/or lazy really)

in hindsight, that was a big mistake.
If you want to get off the truck, and keep "good" men busy, you just can't afford to cherry pick all the jobs.
if I can make a profit, (even a slim one) we'll do it

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom