Chickensoup stain

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi guys,
For a relatively new guy I've been having very good luck removing all kinds of stains. I am first call for a big assisted living facility in my town and so far I've always been able to get rid of the stains.But not yesterday.
This was an old lady in a trailer who had made about a gallon of chicken soup (with a spice mix that contained tumeric and yellow #3) for her neighbor and as she was carrying it from the kitchen across her living room carpet she fell and dropped the whole thing.
The whole trailer smelled like chicken soup, awful..I was going to charge her 100.- but she was really poor, could only afford 50.- and I just didn't have the heart to walk out of there and leave her hanging.
Anyway I went to work using my Chemeister grease eraser some oxidizer and citrus and in the prespray. Extracted and rinsed with an acid rinse.
A big yellow stain remained on an otherwise clean beige carpet. So Pros's choice stain remover next, let it dwell for a few minutes, extract,slight improvement but not great.So then I went for everything that I had in my box including red remover with my steamer.Got it to fade some but it was still visible.
So since I had already told her that I could not promise her I'd be able to get the stain out and also had her sign something to that effect,the little lady was OK with it especially since she realized that I really had tried.I was able to remove the odor and the house smelled really nice.
But still, I wish I could have helped her better and I told her I would do some research and if I would come up with anything I'd come back for free.Good for her and also good for me since I obviously still have some stuff to learn.
This is where you guys come in. My favorite people on the planet other than my customers and maybe my family... and my dogs.... shiteatinggrin
Is there anything else I could have done?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Flush out all that you can. Get the carpet rather dry.

For the color that remains, treat with an oxidizer such as Stain Zone or Stain Magic. It will take several hours for complete removal. Keep the carpet damp with your oxidizer during that time. A UV light will help speed up the process, but it is not absolutely necessary.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
scottw said:
Flush out all that you can. Get the carpet rather dry.

For the color that remains, treat with an oxidizer such as Stain Zone or Stain Magic. It will take several hours for complete removal. Keep the carpet damp with your oxidizer during that time. A UV light will help speed up the process, but it is not absolutely necessary.
I probably need to extract and rinse after the oxidizer has done it's thing,right?
Will the Oxidizer actually remove the stain or just lighten it?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Leave your oxidizer on the carpet. StainZone or Stain Magic will evaporate. No residue left. Nothing to rinse out.

After cleaning and flushing, you should have removed most or all of the oils, water and solids. What is left will be mainly turmeric. This is what give the bright yellow color to mustard and the yellow in this stain. Oxidizers work well on turmeric but they work slowly. A UV light can help speed up the process if that is practical.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Great, Thanks guys.I can fix it without getting all my hoses out one more time. I like that.
Stain Master or Stain Magic, what's the difference, which is better?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Bridgepoint's StainZone is a product I helped develop. It is my favorite. Both StainZone and Stain Magic are good products and I expect either would do the job for you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom