Chlorine Dioxide Gassing - smoke odor removal?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Anyone use it or know about it?

I don't normally do smoke odor removal, but I still just clean all surfaces, recommend repaint, replace light bulbs, and if the place is vacant, a couple days of ozone. It's a lot of work, but I'm 100% successful doing it.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Rob if you don't mind saying, what do you normally charge per room?

I do a full washdown for $50/room and carpet extra. Some rooms (kitchens or extensive shelving) are more.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think you have a good process in place. Removing the source of odor will increase your chances of successful removal.

Generally speaking it begins with cleaning prior to deodorizing attempts.

Chlorine Dioxide in gas form is probably going to be your best choice over just liquid. Much like your Ozone gas its going to get into places the topical spray will not or not without extra effort.

We used it with some success via an electrostatic sprayer. While that sprayer is far better than just spray form. A gas is always going to be better.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Rob if you don't mind saying, what do you normally charge per room?

I do a full washdown for $50/room and carpet extra. Some rooms (kitchens or extensive shelving) are more.

It isn't something that I do regularly, so I don't have a standard price. I price it after inspecting. $50/room is close to what I have charged.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
If you do go with the chlorine dioxide, please message me anything that I'd need to know. I'm always looking for a way to do things better.

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
If you contact me, I'll give you the names of guys that have had success with CLO2 and gassing for odors. We use the liquid in our water restoration business, but yet to use the gas. I have used both Beckhart and Prokure1. I am ready to use the gas, just haven't had a job to try it on. 940-357-9308

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom