Chocolate Stain

Name
Swani
Customer called and needs chocolate stain removed. What's the best way to remove milk chocolate from white carpet? Not sure what the carpet is made of. I haven't seen it yet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Protein spotter will break it down so it doesn't return as it dries. It should be in every spotting kit for food, milk, blood type spots.

20171220_222202.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Good deal. Is it an enzyme? Maybe it digested it.

The problem with those sugars is they are not generally removed with just normal cleaning. Hopefully that did it.

It wouldn't hurt to keep in contact and check back in a few days, just in case it resurfaces. We normally use a protein spotter and a solvent spotter then flush well.

Name
Swani
I don't think SS1 is an enzyme. I will check back tomorrow because I left some fans there over night. I may have made a mistake using flex ice as a rinse because my Pro's Choice spot guide says to not use an acid rinse on chocolate. Probably should have looked at that before and not after.

Name
Swani
The spots wicked back along with a random spot. I should mention I did use my portable for this job at 300 psi. Prevac, tons of dry strokes, air movers left overnight, ceiling fans left on and bathroom exhaust fans left on. I'm thinking of using a encapsulation to correct this. Sorry my picture sucks!
20171222_145931.jpg

Name
Bruce
Since I purchase the new Butler I was using the Butler rinse , then I picked up some Flex Ice , have used about 5 gallons of it so far and wowo! I just switched back to the Butler rinse and I'm missing the Flex only after a few days. Don't get me wrong , the Butler rinse will leave the carpet soft , just doesn't seem to have that extra boost that flex does on trashed traffic lanes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom