Christmas eve day emergency calls...

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Had an emergency call. The clients son got sick and had to clean up a bedroom and hall and part of Living Room. Thought that might be my emergency for the weekend. The past 5 years I have had sewer back up calls. Well after leaving the clean up of carpet, I get passed by fire trucks and emergency vehicles. They turned down my street. I'm thinking, not my house! It wasn't, but it was my neighbor's house. Flames coming through roof. I grabbed my four wheeler, made my way to the neighbors and started coordinating board up, located their contractor, getting an electrician and hunting down their insurance agent. Today I am monitoring the dry down and trying to come up with a game plan when they have to tear off most of the roof in a section of the home. Very sad moment. Their family was home visiting but everyone is safe including all pets. Also all Christmas presents were rescued. Fires really hit home when it is also your friends!

All have a safe, warm and dry Holidays!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Went to monitor the water equipment.....more ceilings caved in.....crap.... 3 more hours of shovel and clean up. Was hoping that it was more stable. If we get a good snow storm the entire rafter system will collapse probably. Need to get an adjuster on this one asap so we can cut loose! Homeowners are great and actually having a party in their shop as we speak. Great people!

Now time to carve the turkey that I put in before leaving for this job site (after a shower of course) and get celebrating!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Ron, That is truely sad. This family, if the fire would have happened at night would have possibly had the same situation. The fire cheif also told them the same. I am so thankful for our communites fire, sheriff and rescue units. I am truely impressed with what they did to minimize property damage and safe lifes. They were unbelievable. I really feel forutnate to live in our community and county!

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com

Name
Lee Stockwell
I've covered for a good nearby cleaner on a few holidays. He's covered for me when I have mine.

Murphy doesn't care about holidays, or my plans either.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom