sewage008.jpg

sewage007.jpg

sewage006.jpg

sewage005.jpg

sewage004.jpg

sewage003.jpg

sewage002.jpg

sewage001.jpg

You get the idea. I have way over 100 pics for this job. My camera died before I could get after photos. I going back saturday to do some monitoring/moving equipment, as well as haul all of the debris away, and take more pictures. I think we did them a favor, I don't think they've ever cleaned that basement. Oh and the fridge you see, its been broke for over a week, and stocked full of food. :shock:

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I hope you folks verified coverage/payment before starting the job, Steven. I found that people who live like that tend to skip town. (Of course, to be fair they weren't expecting "guests".)

Steve "Island Boy" Toburen
http://www.StrategiesForSuccess.com

PS Thanks for the photos. They brought back a lot of memories. I can't tell you how many W/D's we did where the clutter/debris removal took way more time than the actual extraction/mitigation. Don't miss that part of it at all!

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Looks more like sloppy home owners are doing more damage than the sewer back up. Nothing pisses me off more than to have to put more work into moving lazy people's crap than mitigating the loss. As Steve said, I hope it's covered.

Fred Homan

Make sure you get CASH upfront!! No checks. What a SHITHOLE! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Name
Steve Lawrence
What percentage of all that stuff on the floor touching sewage will be discarded and how will you handle cleaning of the rest?
Thanks,
Steve

R

rotovacguy

Dang, what an absolute shithole! Looks about as bad as the ghetto ass dump me and my bro were installing a furnace at in the hood of Milwaukee on Tuesday and Wednesday.

I did see a Hoover steamvac in the pics, that should be all you guys will need! :lol:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"Thank GOD....The Pack-Out...will be EASY...Looks like 1 ROLL OFF DUMPSTER..should do-it."

Damn..MORMAN's... :mrgreen:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
We verify coverage before starting work; we met the adjuster out there, as he referred the job to us. Get a deposit as well as all of the proper legal documents. The upstairs of the home is BEAUTIFUL, actually. The adjuster didn't want to even attempt to clean anything he authorized the disposal of anything contaminated. We first bagged and moved non-contaminated contents to a non-affected area. And yes the actual mitigation only took about 3.5 hours. I'm glad most of the basement was non-finished, it made the power washing easy.

The family is an older couple who just had triplet at a very old age. They were very nice and asked us to join them for christmas eve dinner. The mother was very embarrassed at the condition of the basement. I told her not to worry about it, my job is to bring the affected environment back to a healthy safe condition. Her children were pre-mature and suffer from asthma, so of course I've set containment, and an air scrubber(as you should anyways).

I'm going to be a father as of next June, and I've noticed since being with my fiancee and her having her little 3 year old; that when kids are involved it puts an extra pep in my step to go way above and beyond.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I've been to a few of those. As many times as I've told custys to get their "shit" off the floor of the basement.....at least build some shelfs with concrete blocks and boards....at least a foot or so. So many personal items ruined. Believe it or not......a lot of high end homeowners have basements that look like that.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steve, the picture of the baby DOLL..ads a sense of sympothy.... :(

The ..."SoUtHerN BaPtisT"...down here...use REAL CHILDREN.... :shock:

02071055a.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
been there done that. in utah with people having basements they tend to be alot more into hoarding and packratting, I never saw stuff like that when I worked in texas.

R

rotovacguy

Ron K said:
Is that an old Schwinn Air Mover?

Yeah, It sure looks like a Schwinn Airdyne. My parents bought one years ago (they still have it, my dad still rides it faithfully), I used to ride that thing for miles when I was a teen living with the folks. 2 big problems were the seat and the fan. Your ass and beanbag would go numb after like 15 minutes (even with a nice aftermarket seat pad! :shock: ) and if you have the bike in a basement like they did, wow, was that tough to get going in the middle of winter having that cold air hitting you. Felt good in the warmer months, but up here in Wisconsin, that's about 3 months out of the year.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
That sweet lady had a great Christmas. The insurance company buying all that junk and paying you to get rid of it. I hope you get a great tip, you made her year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom