Church Pews

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
What would be your pricing and plan for 6,000 linear ft of pew cleaning? Do you encap, use a low moisture uph tool, a glided wand or stair wand? I was thinking $1/linear ft to clean and .50/linear ft for protector. The pews are not dirty.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 215

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
encap. multil sprayer with upholstery tip, or fine spray tip. and a hand held car poilisher with lots of bonnets for it. (get car polisher thats the size of a palm sander)

spray, use polisher to agitate, let dry, keep moving. could use encapuclean with maxim in it to accomplish both tasks at once.

Reactions: Wing It

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I was thinking $1/linear ft to clean and .50/linear ft for protector. The pews are not dirty.
How many lin feet can you clean in an hour? What is your hourly target?

Is $1.00 enough?

How long will it take to do the whole project? Then per hour? Then how much do you want an hour?

It does look like easy cleaning BUT my arm is sore just looking at it. :winky:

Sapphire upholstery tool
for better control of cleaning solution & faster drying. :cool:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
We did very old, wool, hand sewn, horse hair filled, removable pew cushions a few months back. We cleaned using encap solution and a pad on a makita hand buffer. 12 sq. ft. of material on each cushion (both sides). And applied fabric protector. Charged $45 per cushion. I don't know how long they were, but it ended up being $22.50 per side. Hope that helps.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
well it's good to see that you're attending church Meg..them places are so spooky!!
the last pews i did...i jus stood up on them and wanded ...then i cuffed off the rounded front....
i made a boatload of money on that deal.......
did you know they hide the wine right in the pulpit........Manischewitz...can't get no worse!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
I know churches. I clean a ton of them. As far as pricing goes, every area is different of course, but here in central Dixie I would be charging $1.50 to clean those and wouldn't apply protector. I wouldn't even suggest it, because it's not an environment where protector is needed. (Almost all churches don't have drinks in the sanctuary. If yours does, then of course suggest protector.) If I WAS required to apply protector, then I'd probably charge an extra 75 cents a L.F.

As far as cleaning, hwe all the way. No encap or scampoo cleaning. Treat those churches right, do it correctly and they will be a gold mine of referrals and repeat business. Scam-poo them and it's one and done. I would be using my hole glided stair wands to clean them with. I've done it for years with upholstery tools, Sapphire and PMF, and it sucks. Stair tools with hole glides RULE.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Marty what psi are you using for your stair tool on upholstery?
are you wiping down the splash?
are you running an upholstery ps and rinse?
how are you applying your ps?
are you speed drying?

Name
Nate W.
I'd agree with Porkchop with the exception of his choice of tools. fooker is a 90% er.

Close but still has to fook it up with a stair tool. :winky:

Not everyone is use to using a small tool.......................:lol:

And it doesn't matter whatever she tells you, it's still small.....

Reactions: Desk Jockey

hogjowl

Idiot™
Marty what psi are you using for your stair tool on upholstery?
are you wiping down the splash?
are you running an upholstery ps and rinse?
how are you applying your ps?
are you speed drying?

25o to 350 psi, depending on the frabic.
Of course I wipe down the splash. What kind of idiot doesn't?
Of course I am using an upholstery prespray and rinse. Do YOU use carpet prespray on upholstery?
I am applying my prespray with a multisprayer.
No, I am not speed drying. They don't sit on those things until sunday.

Name
Nate W.
I don't think it matters for @Wing It , it's not that dirty to begin with........ I bet he did other stuff in life that God disliked more than using an improperly named tool on some seats......

I move to have the name changed/hyphenated to Stair/upholstery tool...... Bango!

Name
Marcus
Looks about the sa,me sizeas I did at a church years ago ......I believe I did it 2-3 times.
I believe it took me 2 days.....big workout...maybe took 9-10 hours
Charged 850$. Now I would charge around 1000$.
Comes out to about 90-100$ hour
I used a prochem glided wand both 14" and 11".
You might also use a prochem stair tool..either way it will be a total workout.
Might get a worker or split it up in 2 days as I think I did it by myself

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
25o to 350 psi, depending on the frabic.
Of course I wipe down the splash. What kind of idiot doesn't? I'm surprised your not standing on the pews and using your carpet wand at 500psi...
Of course I am using an upholstery prespray and rinse. Do YOU use carpet prespray on upholstery? hell no, Jim Pemberton would kick my ass. I don't half ass things with a stair tool, I actually use an upholstery tool when i need to.
I am applying my prespray with a multisprayer. Applying with a fine spray tip or a carpet cleaning tip?
No, I am not speed drying. They don't sit on those things until sunday.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Almost all churches don't have drinks in the sanctuary
The one we sometimes attend has coffee and they let you take it in. And the kids can bring their snacks and drinks. They are very laid back and accommodating that way.

As far as cleaning, hwe all the way. No encap or scampoo cleaning. Treat those churches right, do it correctly and they will be a gold mine of referrals and repeat business.
I agree with HWE...we couldn't do it on the ones we did due to the construction of them. Base on the pics posted, we would HWE those.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom