Cimex flinging solution-how can this be fixed?

Name
Steve Lawrence
Hi All,

One of our Cimexes is flinging encap solution off of the round blue planet where the solution enters the unit. Solution is not going down through the pads properly. The hose seems to be okay. It enters a 90 degree thing then it spills out the little hose and is getting flung off the sides of the planet. We're attempting to take it all apart to see what is going on so we can make the repair. Not having much luck just yet. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Thanks, all. Yeah, it's a 15 y.o. Cimex and it's never been done. Neither has my 18 y.o. Well, we've got it all apart. (Yikes!) Hope we can get it working again. But, some of these bolts were tough to get out and very awkward trying to get back in, LOL! Oh, we'll get it.

Yeah, very helpful video, thanks Deskjockey!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Thanks, D J. I just found the video I need (my style) on youtube.

"how to remove the cimex bowl". (sorry, couldn't paste addy for some reason)

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Thanks for posting that video Richard.

Steve, I'm sorry to hear that you took the Cimex apart to try to get to the blockage. Cleaning out the plumbing, as shown in the video, is all that's needed. The Cimex can be a bear to dissemble and put back together. If you want to call our office and talk to Rod (our resident equipment guru) he can probably walk you through the reassembly over the phone.

Name
Steve Lawrence

Steve, I'm sorry to hear that you took the Cimex apart to try to get to the blockage. Cleaning out the plumbing, as shown in the video, is all that's needed. The Cimex can be a bear to dissemble and put back together. If you want to call our office and talk to Rod (our resident equipment guru) he can probably walk you through the reassembly over the phone.

Thanks for the kind offer, Rick. I'm going to try to get it back together today, Sunday, but if I have trouble I may have to talk to Rod on Monday.

Mikey P

Administrator
IMG_20170118_155351.jpg
IMG_20170118_165948.jpg
IMG_20170118_171409.jpg
IMG_20170118_172945.jpg

Name
Steve Lawrence

Hi Rick,
Sadly, Rod isn't working today (Monday) but your secretary said he may be able to call this afternoon. The stumbling block for us is removing the small pulley--a local auto parts store is going to have a pulley remover for me to borrow this afternoon so maybe that will help. (I've tried a couple that don't fit or work.) I'm not sure how to get this all back together, though. Perhaps we could use a video for that. Or some local repair guy to help with that.
Steve

Name
Steve Lawrence
Rod called this afternoon and gave me good info. The auto parts store came through with the proper pulley remover and now I've got it all apart. Just need to reassemble. Hopefully the worst is over.

Hey, if you never had any problems you would never learn anything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom