Cimex'ing Before HWE'ing?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Did a job over the weekend. It was an Attornys office, about 10,000 sf, and filthy. 8th floor, easy access. Using just HWE wasn't going to get it, so Friday night I Cimex'ed the whole floor, especially the walking and waiting areas. Used Encapuclean 02. Just about 2 hours of continuous encapping. Cleaned up real nice. Now I had fully intended to return on Saturday to extract, and I did. Once I got there, it really didn't need HWE'ing, but we did it anyway. About 2 hours of continuous extracting. That enhanced the carpet even more.

Anybody encapping and extracting on really filthy jobs? Are you encapping first, then HWE'ing or the reverse? I can now put them on a 2-3 month schedule for Cimex'ing only....maybe extracting once a year.

Any thoughts?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I typically do one or the other, but if you're going to do both, I feel that encap should be the last step. This way you are leaving the encap to do it's work (encapsulate any soil left behind, prevent browning/wickback, etc.).

If you encap first, the HWE removes it and all the benefits of encap are lost.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I typically do one or the other, but if you're going to do both, I feel that encap should be the last step. This way you are leaving the encap to do it's work (encapsulate any soil left behind, prevent browning/wickback, etc.).If you encap first, the HWE removes it and all the benefits of encap are lost.
No exactly for the encap benefits. But when I get commercial crap that is so bad you cant see the carpet. Sometimes ill spray down some encap and then use a red pad to shear it off and then HWE.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Red pad then hwe but I would use the cimex if I had one. We do encap jobs but most we use a pad so some dirt is gone.

gene

Name
Steve Lawrence
I've done encamp before and after HWE but feel that doing HWE after sometimes allows wick-up spills to surface whereas they may not have if not adding all that water.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've done encamp before and after HWE but feel that doing HWE after sometimes allows wick-up spills to surface whereas they may not have if not adding all that water.
I can't remember the last time a stained wicked. We scrub nasties with the red pad then hwe rinse with vacaway green boosted with ammonia. Some say its not enough to matter but it can't hurt. A flushed out stain can't wick.

Gene

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I cant hardly stand to clean one without some agitation now.

Blow n Go hurts my pride : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Done some really shitty ones with a combination.

Have first pre-sprayed using Punch and a booster of Spot n Boost.

I then rinse extract with my 360i.

THEN I Cimex using a good encap; product made down under, or with Hot Knife.

Hope this helps without confusing you too much. :razz:

:yoda:

PS:: Dave & I seem to do things arse-about, but as long as everyone is happy with the end result, I see no problem. :lol:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
All our jobs are encap and HWE combos. It's all I do as within the confines of some very special
Uprise chems, all my stuff is encap on the pre-spray front.

I have various Scot's Tuff, VacAway, Release It Kirby and a Total Supply Solutions chemicals on hand. They all encapsulate.

Given the age in which we now live, it makes sense to use encap chemistry in concert with extraction methods. We need to separate the term chemical 'Encapsulation' from the methodology term 'very low moisture'.

Encap chems bust up stubborn soils really well and in extraction cleaning they work just like an extraction pre-spray. But what doesn't rinse, and there's always some; just polymerises.

I just use a disc machine with either an encap brush or a white pad on it. I shower the chemical in via the on-board feed and just Encao it. Then dwell for 10minutes and acid rinse with a product that has an encap catalyst in it. Rinse the soil out, set the Ph and kickstart the polymerisation reaction.

Grant

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
On heavily impacted stuff we will HWE first then Encap.

The HWE gives it a good flush and the Encap leaves you with a good looking appearance.

Maybe I need a three pass system instead of two. I can't avoid encapping prior to HWE or I'll get no soil break. But an encap to finish might make some jobs look even spiffier.

Grant

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
LOL

You could just use your general preconditioner with your 175 and save your Encap juice for the end. I think you'll find you're rinsing out some of the best properties of the encap solution.

But hey I've seen your work Grant and it looks fantastic, so if it ain't broke...... :winky:

Reactions: GeeeAus

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
LOL

You could just use your general preconditioner with your 175 and save your Encap juice for the end. I think you'll find you're rinsing out some of the best properties of the encap solution.

But hey I've seen your work Grant and it looks fantastic, so if it ain't broke...... :winky:

Thanks.

Now do me a real solid and go be this helpful in my thread about dog oils.

Job is tomorrow and I'm outgunned Richard. I have no high PH spray and a cream nylon with dog oils. A pooch sized print on the carpet,

Grant

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Walmart

Purple Power at 1/10 dilution.

7y5e8e6u.jpg

I never tol ya that either!
Prolly ban me.

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
Oh mate. For a minute I thought somebody was going to use it on carpet.

Grant

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
Before I let go of rat nasty Chinese restaurants, we used our cimex first, then HWE. However, it makes sense to use the cimex last, we just had to have the aggitation because they were so bad. Actually black carpet turned red after we finished. i wonder if they miss us now that SM has taken over? You know they’re not scrubbing first.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Before I let go of rat nasty Chinese restaurants, we used our cimex first, then HWE. However, it makes sense to use the cimex last, we just had to have the aggitation because they were so bad. Actually black carpet turned red after we finished. i wonder if they miss us now that SM has taken over? You know they’re not scrubbing first.

Amy, that basically was my goal. Use the Cimex to pre-agitate, because there was so much greasy factory soil (from work boots). I probably had a total of 4-5 hours invested between the Cimexing and the extraction. HWE alone would have probably taken us 6+ hours. Gotta through in an hour for 8 story set up and tear down, straight up the stair case. I've got a nice 100 foot vac and solution set up just for these upper level jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom